THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning AWE Tuning: the BMW F22 M235i Exhaust Suite

03-02-2016, 06:21 PM   #23
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

M Performance Diffuser fitment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh/AWE View Post
Yes, both 90mm and 102mm tips are adjustable!
I recently emailed Awe Tuning asking if they had a version for drivers with the M Performance rear diffuser. Mike Romano advised that adapters are needed as the tips do not adjust enough to extend past the M performance diffuser.

Has anyone installed the Awe Tuning exhaust with the M Performance diffuser? Tips work OK or did you need adapters? (If you needed adapters, what did you use?)

Anyone from Awe - can you confirm since I have conflicting info here. (Mike recommended I check the various forums... well, there we go. )
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 11:23 AM   #24
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 AW M340xi

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASH65 View Post
I recently emailed Awe Tuning asking if they had a version for drivers with the M Performance rear diffuser. Mike Romano advised that adapters are needed as the tips do not adjust enough to extend past the M performance diffuser.

Has anyone installed the Awe Tuning exhaust with the M Performance diffuser? Tips work OK or did you need adapters? (If you needed adapters, what did you use?)

Anyone from Awe - can you confirm since I have conflicting info here. (Mike recommended I check the various forums... well, there we go. )
Ha I literally just called them a few hours ago regarding this...I am working with them on adapters and will report back with the solution. The tips are quite sunken in with the M Performance diffuser, so keep that in mind.

I plan to get a few measurements this afternoon so I will let you know!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 12:52 AM   #25
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbalch View Post
Ha I literally just called them a few hours ago regarding this...I am working with them on adapters and will report back with the solution. The tips are quite sunken in with the M Performance diffuser, so keep that in mind.

I plan to get a few measurements this afternoon so I will let you know!
Howdy!

Yeah, Mike R just got in touch with me advising y'all were looking to develop some adapters, which is great news! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 10:17 AM   #26
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 MSport

Quote:
Sounds good, Alex! You know where to find me.
Hello Josh, I've just sent you an email with a couple of questions, when you have the time to reply, thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 10:19 AM   #27
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Howdy!

Yeah, Mike R just got in touch with me advising y'all were looking to develop some adapters, which is great news! Thanks!
LOL, I didn't read this before sending Josh an email about exactly this (the fitment on the Performance Diffuser).

So I already got my answer, it won't fit without adapters , thanks for the info!
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2016, 12:18 PM   #28
Josh/AWE
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGT View Post
Hello Josh, I've just sent you an email with a couple of questions, when you have the time to reply, thanks
I hit ya back with a reply, my friend
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 01:54 PM   #29
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
I hit ya back with a reply, my friend
Thanks Josh but I didn't get your email response, please reply to my alternate email address from which I've sent you an email from just a minute ago.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 04:00 PM   #30
EBM235
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

I have the AWE with the M Performance diffuser. the tips set at the furthest point are basically flush with the diffuser. Doesn't look bad at all but would be perfect if out by half and inch to an inch. Please excuse the dirty car. Just got some rain.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      03-07-2016, 11:29 PM   #31
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Looks OK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBM235 View Post
I have the AWE with the M Performance diffuser. the tips set at the furthest point are basically flush with the diffuser. Doesn't look bad at all but would be perfect if out by half and inch to an inch. Please excuse the dirty car. Just got some rain.
Glad they're at least flush - great pic of the set up. (Ummm... we'll let the dirt sliiiiide this time. ) Was concerned they might sit too far back & then risk damage to the diffuser. But I'm with ya - would rather see them stick out more. Sounds like Awe is going to look into producing adapters - got my fingers crossed. But, guess a good tuner shop could fabricate a couple if we had to go that route; or maybe the M Performance adapters could work.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2016, 09:40 AM   #32
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 AW M340xi

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Glad they're at least flush - great pic of the set up. (Ummm... we'll let the dirt sliiiiide this time. ) Was concerned they might sit too far back & then risk damage to the diffuser. But I'm with ya - would rather see them stick out more. Sounds like Awe is going to look into producing adapters - got my fingers crossed. But, guess a good tuner shop could fabricate a couple if we had to go that route; or maybe the M Performance adapters could work.
A few things:

A) M Performance adapters do not work, I already tried. They are 3" adapters, whereas the AWE is 2 1/4" piping.

B) For some reason my adapters did not sit flush with the M Performance diffuser at all, and were quite sunken in.

C) I created a thread a day ago with a good interim solution to this while waiting for AWE. Check here: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1234403
Appreciate 2
      03-10-2016, 09:11 PM   #33
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbalch View Post
A few things:

A) M Performance adapters do not work, I already tried. They are 3" adapters, whereas the AWE is 2 1/4" piping.

B) For some reason my adapters did not sit flush with the M Performance diffuser at all, and were quite sunken in.

C) I created a thread a day ago with a good interim solution to this while waiting for AWE. Check here: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1234403
AH - Great!! Thanks for the update!!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 11:30 AM   #34
Josh/AWE
Rep

I've been receiving PMs asking what the AWE Tuning Touring Edition Exhaust + Performance Mid Pipe sounds like when paired to a catted downpipe. Well, here is a customer video with the aforementioned combination!

Questions? Hit me!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 09:03 AM   #35
Josh/AWE
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 10:47 AM   #36
Josh/AWE
Rep

On the move with the AWE Tuning Performance Mid Pipe and Touring Edition Exhaust!

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 09:40 AM   #37
Josh/AWE
Rep

A bit of Sport+ chatter with the AWE Tuning Performance Mid Pipe and Touring Edition Exhaust (edit: paired to a catless DP):

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 07-07-2016 at 11:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 11:14 AM   #38
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
A bit of Sport+ chatter with the AWE Tuning Performance Mid Pipe and Touring Edition Exhaust:

Oh man no.... I know there are some who love that, but not me... at the beginning sounded great, but later it was like something was coming apart or like and electric shocks from a high voltage central.

Is that exhaust connected to catless dp?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 11:19 AM   #39
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Good thing for drive settings then, eh?

Yes, sir. System is paired to an aftermarket catless DP.
Thanks for the reply, I'm actually considering this exhaust to replace my M Performance one but without the midpipe and for sure without changing my catted dp with catless... I really don't like how it sounds, excessive annoying pops for my taste.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 11:22 AM   #40
Josh/AWE
Rep

Quote:
Oh man no.... I know there are some who love that, but not me... at the beginning sounded great, but later it was like something was coming apart or like and electric shocks from a high voltage central.

Is that exhaust connected to catless dp?

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, I'm actually considering this exhaust to replace my M Performance one but without the midpipe and for sure without changing my catted dp with catless... I really don't like how it sounds, excessive annoying pops for my taste.

It sounds good with the axleback alone, and increases the volume with the mid pipe pretty significantly. With the mid pipe added it essentially makes the system a "track" variant apposed to a "touring."

Let me know when you're ready and I'll see what dealers have it in stock and also let me know if you'd like an install done, too
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 11:24 AM   #41
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:

____

It sounds good with the axleback alone, and increases the volume with the mid pipe pretty significantly. With the mid pipe added it essentially makes the system a "track" variant apposed to a "touring."

Let me know when you're ready and I'll see what dealers have it in stock and also let me know if you'd like an install done, too

Cheers, thanks Josh, I'll let you know.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 11:25 AM   #42
Josh/AWE
Rep

Quote:
Cheers, thanks Josh, I'll let you know.
Sure thing! I'll be here
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2016, 02:46 PM   #43
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh/AWE
A bit of Sport+ chatter with the AWE Tuning Performance Mid Pipe and Touring Edition Exhaust (edit: paired to a catless DP):

Wow, that much overrun is annoying :/

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 03:35 PM   #44
EBM235
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Just had the HJS 300 cell catted DP installed. The AWE exhaust with the midpipe sounds amazing paired with the DP. Couldn't be happier.
Appreciate 2