THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) Master Blaster Revolution user review

08-16-2018, 02:46 PM   #1
vancitymike
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive

Master Blaster Revolution user review

So, my thoughts are so far...

I say overall its a good thing to own. I don't think I'll go back to using a drying towel.

the good

- less physical fatigue, it really makes a difference if you're drying several cars
- if you missed some dirt while washing, you're more likely to see the dirt instead of spreading it around with a drying towel. No more horror when noticing a dirty drying cloth.
- if you do it properly, you never have to fix drips that happen as the vehicle sits/drives
- handy to have for many other things... (like blowing out your garage, mind the air filter)
- its powerful (at least the Revolution model is). If it were more powerful I'd be concerned about damaging something
- lots of good attachments and mounting bits come with it

the bad

- very loud, so you need hearing protection. It's probably worse than a leaf blower
- it takes practice. You can end up frustrated if you don't do it correctly.
- its a pain in the butt to haul around and plug in. I might build a cart to hold all my stuff...
- it wasn't inexpensive, I hope thieves use those drive-thru washes
- your car will not be shiny when you turn off the machine (or at least mine isn't). I absolutely have to use detail spray (before I spray wax), especially for the glass.

feel free to share your thoughts...
(this is the one I have https://www.autoobsessed.com/collect...tion-mb-3cdswb)
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 10:20 AM   #2
Marmugmotleocay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3M Competition

I have the little Metro Air Force and I like the filtered heated air while drying. I recently bought the Worx WG520 110 MPH 600 CFM Turbine Electric Leaf Blower and have been using it more.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 10:47 AM   #3
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmugmotleocay View Post
I have the little Metro Air Force and I like the filtered heated air while drying. I recently bought the Worx WG520 110 MPH 600 CFM Turbine Electric Leaf Blower and have been using it more.
I've been using a small ($35) leaf blower for like the last 8 years to dry my cars. If your car has good protection in the form of wax, sealant, or ceramic coating then the addition of forced air makes the drying process a snap.

If you don't touch it, you can't scratch it.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 04:54 PM   #4
butermunch
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235

picked up a 6.5 HP ridgid shop vac for like $80 at home depot, it also has a blower function, so you can literally do the same thing for less money.

and the vaccum function is amazing compared to house vacs
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 10:35 PM   #5
vancitymike
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by butermunch View Post
picked up a 6.5 HP ridgid shop vac for like $80 at home depot, it also has a blower function, so you can literally do the same thing for less money.

basically, I don't want to blow dirty air on my wet car. From what I understand, the main reason the pros don't use shop vacs is that they can do damage and are less powerful.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 08:35 PM   #6
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancitymike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by butermunch View Post

basically, I don't want to blow dirty air on my wet car. From what I understand, the main reason the pros don't use shop vacs is that they can do damage and are less powerful.
Shop Vac is a horrible idea. While your at it head over to Harbor Freight and pick up a pancake air compressor and a sand blasting kit. Less than the shop vac and does more damage.
Appreciate 0