THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA Orders/Allocations

04-13-2016, 01:19 PM   #89
canadaeh89
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 02' 330xi / 16' M235i / 18' M2

Hey guys, new to this thread. I just ordered a 2016 M235i from Pfaff Mississauga (Canada) at the end of March. I read a few of you had problems getting production numbers so maybe you can shed some light on my situation. I have yet to get one and it's been about 3 weeks, the manager I dealt with over there was not returning my calls/emails so I had to call BMW Canada directly. It's a little ridiculous how unprofessional he got after I signed and gave the deposit. Anyways, I ended up talking to the CA after all this and was informed it is a bit harder because it's the 6MT which I understand, I guess it was my fault not ensuring they had an April allocation when signing (a friend of mine was also looking at the same car and had emailed them in March and they told him they had an April allocation so I assumed they'd use it on me since he never ordered it). Anyways, the CA emailed me later saying they confirmed with BMW that they will get the allocation GUARANTEED for May for 6MT. My question is how reliable is that, anything I can do to ensure they follow through? I don't mind waiting if I know how long but my concern is they will keep pushing me back until 2016 models are over and want me to pay more for the 2017 at which point I'll cancel and be without a car. Sorry for the long post, any help would be appreciated!

Btw Congrats on all your deliveries, keep the pictures coming!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 01:32 PM   #90
Xraysam
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
A few quick shots. First one at the dealership, a couple quick ones from home.
Actually so jealous. Ordered my 228i on Jan 27th and it's still sitting to be dispatched to the dealer since April 8th. Ridiculous that some people even further away from me (Toronto) are getting their cars to their homes already and I'm still waiting even though mine is literally a 20-min drive away.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 02:57 PM   #91
ashmax
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i xdrive

Quote:
Congratulations Johnny! Car looks gorgeous!!!

Here is a pic I took yesterday when I saw her for the first time. Still pretty wrapped up in the shipping pajamas though... Can't wait for her to be all prepped up for me!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 10:19 PM   #92
Abstraction
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 228i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaeh89 View Post
Hey guys, new to this thread. I just ordered a 2016 M235i from Pfaff Mississauga (Canada) at the end of March. I read a few of you had problems getting production numbers so maybe you can shed some light on my situation. I have yet to get one and it's been about 3 weeks, the manager I dealt with over there was not returning my calls/emails so I had to call BMW Canada directly. It's a little ridiculous how unprofessional he got after I signed and gave the deposit. Anyways, I ended up talking to the CA after all this and was informed it is a bit harder because it's the 6MT which I understand, I guess it was my fault not ensuring they had an April allocation when signing (a friend of mine was also looking at the same car and had emailed them in March and they told him they had an April allocation so I assumed they'd use it on me since he never ordered it). Anyways, the CA emailed me later saying they confirmed with BMW that they will get the allocation GUARANTEED for May for 6MT. My question is how reliable is that, anything I can do to ensure they follow through? I don't mind waiting if I know how long but my concern is they will keep pushing me back until 2016 models are over and want me to pay more for the 2017 at which point I'll cancel and be without a car. Sorry for the long post, any help would be appreciated!

If they're saying it's guaranteed for may then i assume it means that they have a slot available for may that they'll use on you. Though saying it's harder because it's a 6MT doesn't make sense to me, as an order is an order, i dont think a 6MT M235i is a rare configuration that would require any special scheduling...?

surprised that a dealer group like Pfaff would be so unresponsive to you, they have a big name and would likely want to maintain a good reputation with their customer base.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 10:20 PM   #93
Abstraction
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xraysam View Post
Actually so jealous. Ordered my 228i on Jan 27th and it's still sitting to be dispatched to the dealer since April 8th. Ridiculous that some people even further away from me (Toronto) are getting their cars to their homes already and I'm still waiting even though mine is literally a 20-min drive away.
When did yours arrive on the boat? I wonder if it's in the same shipment as mine. Mine was delivered in Halifax April 1st, but i have no clue where it is now. Did you track by calling BMW?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 06:13 AM   #94
X54TH
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmax View Post
Congratulations Johnny! Car looks gorgeous!!!

Here is a pic I took yesterday when I saw her for the first time. Still pretty wrapped up in the shipping pajamas though... Can't wait for her to be all prepped up for me!
Awesome. My son's M235 will look the same with Alpine White and Corel Red. We are expecting it to land in Halifax April 20th. Going to push the dealership at that point. They gave me a dealership ETA of May 2nd.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 06:16 AM   #95
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nice. MG was what I wanted but they went with AW. Car looks sharp.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 06:36 AM   #96
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaeh89 View Post

We got ours at Budds. It was ordered on March 10th, produced March 29th and scheduled to arrive April 20th in Halifax. The dealer estimates to have it May 2nd.

Not sure the way it works but Budds had an allocation available at the time we ordered. I had gone to Pfaff because of a slight dispute with Budds...long story. Pfaff told me at that time (March 9th) that they didn't have an allocation sometime until late April and realistically the car would not get delivered for "2+ months" after that. Keep in mind they were also trying to sell me a demo M235 AW w/ CR loaded with MPE which was exactly the way we wanted it. I wasn't sold on the demo...no discount to warrant buying a used car...obviously they were playing on availability. I ended up with a better deal and a sooner delivery at Budds and so far they have been pretty accurate.

PM me if you want my sales guy at Budds.

BTW, I got my VIN before my production number. I used to determine the Production date
www.bmwvin.com or http://www.bimmer.work/
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 09:25 AM   #97
Xraysam
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstraction View Post
When did yours arrive on the boat? I wonder if it's in the same shipment as mine. Mine was delivered in Halifax April 1st, but i have no clue where it is now. Did you track by calling BMW?
I have no idea when it was on the boat. My sales associate was not very good at updating me at all and I didn't even get the VIN from him until I asked for it again after it had already arrived in Canada. I've been tracking it through Hansen's and I know it's in Concord, ON since the 8th and had an ETA to my dealer two days ago. It's still sitting in Concord now after a week for who knows what reason...
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 10:12 AM   #98
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by X54TH View Post
Nice. MG was what I wanted but they went with AW. Car looks sharp.
Thanks! It really looks better than I even thought it would. The dealer didn't have an MG Coupe on the lot, I saw the colour on a 435i and hoped it would look really good. Even my wife was blown away when she first saw it.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 12:50 PM   #99
BeeDrill
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i xDrive EBII

Quote:
We got ours at Budds. It was ordered on March 10th, produced March 29th and scheduled to arrive April 20th in Halifax. The dealer estimates to have it May 2nd.

Not sure the way it works but Budds had an allocation available at the time we ordered. I had gone to Pfaff because of a slight dispute with Budds...long story. Pfaff told me at that time (March 9th) that they didn't have an allocation sometime until late April and realistically the car would not get delivered for "2+ months" after that. Keep in mind they were also trying to sell me a demo M235 AW w/ CR loaded with MPE which was exactly the way we wanted it. I wasn't sold on the demo...no discount to warrant buying a used car...obviously they were playing on availability. I ended up with a better deal and a sooner delivery at Budds and so far they have been pretty accurate.

PM me if you want my sales guy at Budds.

BTW, I got my VIN before my production number. I used to determine the Production date
www.bmwvin.com or http://www.bimmer.work/
Also ordered mine from Budd's. I never actually got a production number but they got me a VIN two or three weeks after I ordered.
Edit: I had to ask for it. They didn't just email and say oh by the way, here's your VIN.

Ordered March 3rd.
Production date March 22nd.
On the boat March 30th.
Landed and dispatched from the boat in Halifax on April 11th.
Dealer told me that it would normally be one to two weeks from it landing but that things have been a little baked up so his guess is two to three weeks. Three weeks would out it right around the first of May. If they're giving you the same estimate for landing later I'm going to be optimistic and assume mine well actually make it a little sooner. That's what I want to believe anyway. I have a road trip to north Carolina on May 4th and I'd love to have the car for it. Great way to demolish the break in period in one fell swoop.

Here's hoping for us both.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 06:30 PM   #100
Abstraction
Private
Canada
Rep

Released at the port April 1st. Just called BMW, still at the port apparently. No ETA. sigh.

Is this just CN rail sucking at their job and/or being over loaded...?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 09:20 PM   #101
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeDrill View Post
Also ordered mine from Budd's. I never actually got a production number but they got me a VIN two or three weeks after I ordered.
Edit: I had to ask for it. They didn't just email and say oh by the way, here's your VIN.

Ordered March 3rd.
Production date March 22nd.
On the boat March 30th.
Landed and dispatched from the boat in Halifax on April 11th.
Dealer told me that it would normally be one to two weeks from it landing but that things have been a little baked up so his guess is two to three weeks. Three weeks would out it right around the first of May. If they're giving you the same estimate for landing later I'm going to be optimistic and assume mine well actually make it a little sooner. That's what I want to believe anyway. I have a road trip to north Carolina on May 4th and I'd love to have the car for it. Great way to demolish the break in period in one fell swoop.

Here's hoping for us both.
LOL. That is a great way to break it in. Budds told us May 2nd. You've got to be a week before that.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 09:22 PM   #102
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Released at the port April 1st. Just called BMW, still at the port apparently. No ETA. sigh.

Oh man. That's 2 weeks at the port. Let's hope she gets loaded and moving. I bloody well hope this CN thing is over.

Last edited by X54TH; 04-15-2016 at 01:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 09:24 PM   #103
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks! It really looks better than I even thought it would. The dealer didn't have an MG Coupe on the lot, I saw the colour on a 435i and hoped it would look really good. Even my wife was blown away when she first saw it.
Great choice. Can't go wrong. I'm probably going with MG for my daughter's upgrade. What interior did you do?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 10:24 PM   #104
Xraysam
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I was told by my salesperson that there's some backlog and delay with CN. Looked back at your posts and noticed you put in your order a few weeks after me, so I'm guessing our cars may have both been on the same boat or one after the other. I mean, you should have gotten your car by now, and I should have had mine a couple weeks ago if everything was on schedule. Sadly, nope. The waiting game continues...
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2016, 10:13 AM   #105
Cjnj
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i xdrive

Quote:
Oh man. How nice is that. You must be excited. Show some pics when you get her. I just tracked my Son's and the boat hit the Southampton Port so I presume tomorrow she'll be sailing across to Halifax.
Arrived at the dealer on the 13th; I was there to watch it come off the truck. Picked it up yesterday afternoon. I will post photos soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2016, 10:34 AM   #106
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjnj View Post
Arrived at the dealer on the 13th; I was there to watch it come off the truck. Picked it up yesterday afternoon. I will post photos soon.
Congrats. What a weekend to have a new car.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2016, 10:46 AM   #107
Cjnj
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i xdrive

Quote:
Congrats. What a weekend to have a new car.
Here she is
Attached Images

Last edited by Cjnj; 04-16-2016 at 10:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2016, 04:26 PM   #108
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Awesome. Congrats again.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2016, 04:36 PM   #109
BeeDrill
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i xDrive EBII

Quote:
Here she is
Looks great! Congrats on finally getting it. I was torn on getting the white but in the end I ordered the blue. Both great colours. Actually there aren't many colors that look bad on this car. Congrats again!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 03:30 PM   #110
ashmax
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i xdrive

Quote:
Here she is
Congrats Cjnj....ditto on the colour

Here is mine, got it on Saturday with a perfect weather!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0