THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Tire and Wheel Diameter

02-24-2020, 01:05 PM   #1
BetweenTheWheels
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i M Sport

A question for all, maybe you can guide me....

I'm deciding how I'll do some modest lowering of my 228i M Sport - springs or coilovers - with the later being likely because the car will see track duty a few times a year.

I also would love to go from the 18s I currently have to 19s with the reasons I may not do so coming down to the cost to replace tires (see above reference to track time).

I know that choosing the correct tire profile with any wheel choice is important so that total outside diameter doesn't change and speedometer calibration is not thrown off. If not for this, I would like to do a 19 inch wheel with a thick enough tire profile that the wheel and tire fill the wheel well more fully. I am not a fan of the lowered car look when a gap is left in front of and behind the wheel inside the wheel well. I actually think it looks worse than leaving a slight wheel gap at the top of the wheel.

Here's the question: What solutions exist for a lowering plus tire and wheel combo that fills the entire wheel well without issues of rubbing or scraping?

Thanks for any advice.