THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning NEW RELEASE: Dinan Stage 2 N55 Flash Tuning ('F' Chassis)

07-10-2020, 08:32 AM   #1
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

NEW RELEASE: Dinan Stage 2 N55 Flash Tuning ('F' Chassis)

Name:  N55_Stage2_Flash_Banner_Forum.jpg
Views: 1579
Size:  294.1 KB

Dinan Stage 2 N55 Flash Tuning ('F' Chassis)

Part Number(s): D900-N55-S2
Applications:
  • 2014-2016 F22/F23 M235i
  • 2012-2015 F30 335i (EWG Only)
  • 2014-2016 F34 335i GT
  • 2014-2016 F32/F33/F36 435i
  • 2012-2016 F10 535i (EWG Only)
  • 2012-2017 F07 535i GT (EWG Only)
  • 2013-2019 F06/F12/F13 640i
  • 2013-2015 F01/F02 740i/Li
  • 2012-2017 F25 X3 35i (EWG Only)
  • 2015-2016 F26 X4 35i
  • 2016-2018 F26 X4 M40i
  • 2014-2018 F15 X5 35i
  • 2016-2019 F16 X6 35i
Product Page(s) / Pricing: bit.ly/N55-PES-S2
Release Date: Available Now!

Description: Stage 1 have you wanting more? Stage 2 Dinan performance engine tuning for ‘F’ chassis N55 platforms provides a new found level of exhilaration and enjoyment for you to enjoy. Taking advantage of supporting hardware (Dinan big turbo and an upgraded intercooler), the stage 2 engine calibration takes a significant step up in performance. Yielding nearly 40 WHP / 60 lb-ft of torque more on pump gas over stage 1 (over 70 WHP / 80 lb-ft of torque on race gas). That's +120 WHP / +160lb-ft of torque over stock on pump gas (nearly +170 WHP / +210 lb-ft of torque on race gas)! That type of bump in power equates to a transformation akin to purchasing a completely different vehicle.

While increases in power to this scale typically come at a cost to the engine’s durability, this is typically due to improper calibrations that are simply after one goal regardless of engine health – maximum power. Dinan’s stage 2 mappings when used in conjunction with supporting hardware are safe and reliable without sacrificing long-term reliability or performance. Dinan performance engine software is so much more than just turning up the turbo boost after all. It is a fully re-tuned engine management program that maximizes power while keeping all the BMW factory safeguards in place. In most cases Dinan software engineers also implement their own additional safety precautions in order to guarantee flawless performance that may not have been needed with factory power levels/programming. Protecting your BMW, while giving the most performance, is the definition of "Performance Without Sacrifice". To do just that, drivetrain and engine components are analyzed for strength, and then the calibration is tested on the dyno and in the real world for durability and drivability. This process has been a cornerstone of Dinan software development for decades and a major reason why Dinan performance tunes are often labelled as being the smoothest, factory-like solution in the marketplace.

With factory-like reliability/safety and staggering performance, it’s hard to find a reason not to upgrade to stage 2. That “new car” you always wanted is hidden right in front of you. Let Dinan give you the keys so you can enjoy it.

Features/Benefits:
  • More Power. Max gains of 169 WHP / 206 lb-ft of torque over stock on 104 octane and in conjunction with the Dinan big turbo and an upgraded intercooler. Consult the product page for performance charts for additional octanes.
  • Dinan Stage 2 performance software includes a limited lifetime warranty against defects in the software and provides free updates and reflashes as they become available. Labor or shipping charges are not included in the warranty.
  • Access to numerous octane calibrations (91, 93, 100 and 104) depending on your needs.
  • Full map rescaling for drivability from idle to wide-open throttle and everywhere in between.
  • Optimized boost control, cam phasing, fueling, airflow and temperature controls for maximum power output that is also safe and reliable.
  • Top speed governor (VMAX) removed.
  • Sport Cooling mode in sport / manual modes.
  • Upgradeable from DINANTRONICS Elite via trade-in program.
  • Retains all BMW factory engine damage safeguards and adds additional safety protections.
  • Torque gains drastically improve acceleration.
  • Sport gauges rescaled to reflect higher than stock power output.
  • Downloads through the OBD2 Port - See compatibility notice below.

COMPATABILITY NOTICE

BOX CODES: The N55 engine and its multitude of variants account for several 100 unique box codes across various platforms. While Dinan has created files for nearly all of these permutations, there is a chance you may have a box code that we have not seen. If this happens to be the case we will need to create a file for your vehicle. This process could take several days and multiple dealer visits.

ADVERTISED PERFORMANCE: Advertised performance data is based off of use of the Dinan Big Turbo and the Dinan Dual Core Intercooler in conjuction with the Dinan Stage 2 software. While we do not make an intercooler solution for all N55 vehicles alternative intercoolers may be used but may result in different performance gains or other unforseen limitations in cooling.

Name:  F_N55_Stage2_93_Wheel_FLASH.jpg
Views: 1416
Size:  249.7 KB
Name:  F_N55_Stage2_91_Wheel_FLASH.jpg
Views: 1405
Size:  249.1 KB
Name:  F_N55_Stage2_100_Wheel_FLASH.jpg
Views: 1420
Size:  255.2 KB
Name:  F_N55_Stage2_104_Wheel_FLASH.jpg
Views: 1396
Size:  257.6 KB

DINAN N55 ENGINE PERFORMANCE SOFTWARE FAQ:

I already own a DINANTRONICS Elite kit for the N55 engine, can I switch to the flash?
Yes, you can trade in your existing DINANTRONICS Elite kit and exchange it for a flash tune. When going from DINANTRONICS Stage 4 to the Stage 2 flash there is no charge. When going from a lesser level DINANTRONICS to the Stage 2 flash you will incur a charge that is equal to the price difference between the Stage 1 and Stage 2 flash. Pricing listed is dependent on trade-in of registered, first-hand units. Used, second-hand units do not qualify.

What is the cost to upgrade from a previous stage of software?
When upgrading between stages you will not be required to pay full price. You will only be charged the difference in price between your existing stage and the new one. Please note however that you will still need to purchase any supporting hardware that may be necessary for the upgraded stage.

When I purchase a Stage 1 or 2 N55 flash do I only have access to one of the octane mappings?
When a stage 1 or 2 N55 flash is purchased you obtain licenses for ALL the various octane maps. However, only one map can be loaded on the car at any given time so if you wish to use a different octane then what is initially loaded it would require a trip to your authorized Dinan dealer for a reflash. Labor / install charges to perform this service would be at the discretion of the dealer. We recommend loading the octane mapping that is most commonly used for the vehicle (91, 93 most likely) and only do a map change for special occurrences such as a track day.

I do not live near a Dinan Dealer can I still purchase Performance Software?
At this time Dinan N55 Engine Performance Software must be installed through one of our authorized dealers. Our dealer list is constantly expanding however so check out the dealer locator often at https://www.dinancars.com/authorized-dealers/ to make sure a new dealer has not begun servicing your area. Alternatively, the DME can be sent in directly to Dinan to bench flash. If interested in this method please contact the sales/support team at support@dinancars.com and they can assist.

Can I flash my vehicle back to the stock tune?
Yes, you have the ability to flash the vehicle back to stock but the process would need to be completed by a dealer. There is no cost to do so from Dinan but you would potentially be subject to dealer labor rates to perform the service.

What if I am not happy with my Dinan Engine Performance Software purchase? Is there a return window?
All Dinan engine software include a 30-day money back guarantee with no questions asked. If for any reason the owner is dissatisfied with the Dinan engine software, they may return to the place of purchase for a full refund, provided they are within the 30 day period from the time of the initial purchase. Labor or shipping charges are not included in the guarantee and are at the discretion of the place of install.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 02:50 PM   #2
designatedposter
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i

Is this installed by the end user or only at authorized dealer? If only at dealer, is there an install fee? How to switch between different octane maps and does that cost extra everytime switch?
      07-10-2020, 03:53 PM   #3
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by designatedposter View Post
Is this installed by the end user or only at authorized dealer? If only at dealer, is there an install fee? How to switch between different octane maps and does that cost extra everytime switch?
Only via an authorized dealer or sent in via bench flash at this time. You would be subject to shop time / labor of the installing dealer. Switching octanes / maps would require a dealer again -- you would need to check with the local dealer on any fees associated with the service as it varies by dealer. We can not dictate the price of our dealers labor/time.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 09:59 PM   #4
Ceejay18
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i, '18 M3

Would this be compatible with a Pure stage 2 turbo?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 10:55 PM   #5
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceejay18 View Post
Would this be compatible with a Pure stage 2 turbo?
I'm sure it would run but it's geared for the Dinan big turbo which is more similar to the pure or Vargas stage 1 turbo.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 11:09 AM   #6
TACP
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235I xDrive

My M235i already has the Dinan intake and Exhaust. Does the flash take that into consideration or does it not matter?

Also, will the flash only work in sport mode and I can have stock settings when in comfort mode?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 11:21 AM   #7
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACP View Post
My M235i already has the Dinan intake and Exhaust. Does the flash take that into consideration or does it not matter?

Also, will the flash only work in sport mode and I can have stock settings when in comfort mode?
Stage 1 is for a stock car and those with light bolt-ons (intake and exhaust included). Flash would affect all driving modes although power will be more difficult to access in the lesser modes just as it is stock due to their natural settings for throttle response, tendency to short shift, etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 12:24 PM   #8
TACP
Rep

Does Dinan have a page that explains the Pros/Cons to a Stage 1 Flash vs a Stage 2 Tune? I'm on the fence between those options. If there is not an article/video on that topic could you help with that?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 02:41 PM   #9
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Does Dinan have a page that explains the Pros/Cons to a Stage 1 Flash vs a Stage 2 Tune? I'm on the fence between those options. If there is not an article/video on that topic could you help with that?
Stage 2 flash is optimized for the use with the Dinan big turbo and a upgraded intercooler (Dinan Dual Core intercooler ideally). If you arent running those additional mods then you would want to stick with Stage 1. Feature wise they are the same -- just comes down to additional power by maximizing effectiveness of upgraded hard parts.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 02:22 PM   #10
TACP
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Stage 2 flash is optimized for the use with the Dinan big turbo and a upgraded intercooler (Dinan Dual Core intercooler ideally). If you arent running those additional mods then you would want to stick with Stage 1. Feature wise they are the same -- just comes down to additional power by maximizing effectiveness of upgraded hard parts.
I was referring to the stage 2 Tune (I believe also commonly referred to piggy back) not flash. From my understanding only required the air intake. Comparing that to the Stage 1 Flash.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 08:33 PM   #11
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I was referring to the stage 2 Tune (I believe also commonly referred to piggy back) not flash. From my understanding only required the air intake. Comparing that to the Stage 1 Flash.
Ahh— stage 1 flash hands down is the way to go. Better/more power, smoother delivery, more robust (touches more variables directly), removes governer and has different octane mappings where the Dinantronics does not. It's also cheaper. The only real advantage Dinantronics has the ability to remove it and/or turn it off at a whim which really only has an advantage for warranty work which you more then likely are out of anyway so that's pretty immaterial.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 11:00 AM   #12
TACP
Rep

Quote:
Ahh— stage 1 flash hands down is the way to go. Better/more power, smoother delivery, more robust (touches more variables directly), removes governer and has different octane mappings where the Dinantronics does not. It's also cheaper. The only real advantage Dinantronics has the ability to remove it and/or turn it off at a whim which really only has an advantage for warranty work which you more then likely are out of anyway so that's pretty immaterial.
Well guess that makes it the easy/obvious choice. Thanks for the info. Also, people keep saying that the governer will be removed but I have already had my car up to 165 mph. Is this possibly because I bought the car in Germany? And yes it is American Spec not Euro.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 04:43 PM   #13
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Well guess that makes it the easy/obvious choice. Thanks for the info. Also, people keep saying that the governer will be removed but I have already had my car up to 165 mph. Is this possibly because I bought the car in Germany? And yes it is American Spec not Euro.
Governor is less of a feature for you then. I assume you got the car with summer performance tires as that is typically how the governor is set unless there is something special with a Euro delivery. If you had all season run flats it would be 130.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 09:15 AM   #14
TACP
Rep

It did come with with Super Sport tires (run flat) and I had to sign a form making sure I understood that the tires were not made for the winter.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 09:47 PM   #15
TheSniper
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i xDrive

I have the Dinan P3 package, would this offer any improvement over the Stage 4 tune?

Dinan Stage 4 Tune (Big turbo, exhaust, intercooler, etc)

Dinan lowering springs, bump stops, front and rear sway bars.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 07:27 AM   #16
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSniper View Post
I have the Dinan P3 package, would this offer any improvement over the Stage 4 tune?
Yes it would. Significantly fuller bottom/mid range power, improved cooling, additional safety protections, governor removal, etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 11:02 PM   #17
goodNIGHT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

If I'm running an existing non-Dinan intercooler and a sports cat converter, would it still be possible too run the stage 2 flash (given I get the turbo)
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 07:20 AM   #18
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodNIGHT View Post
If I'm running an existing non-Dinan intercooler and a sports cat converter, would it still be possible too run the stage 2 flash (given I get the turbo)
Yes. Stage 2 just needs the turbo and an upgraded intercooler to assist with mitigating some of the additional heat generated. The sport CAT will not be tuned specifically for but would have no negative effect with the tune. If the sport cat happens to set a CEL however the tune would not correct for it.
Appreciate 1
goodNIGHT106.50
      08-01-2020, 07:12 AM   #19
123Britt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M235i AT

Just an NEW TURBO

No problem - just a "NEW Turbo & an Intercooler" which is al least 6" or larger.

Appreciate 0