THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Exhausts that work with M Performance Diffuser?

05-04-2020, 08:41 AM   #1
DSynk
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Exhausts that work with M Performance Diffuser?

Hey guys,

Are there any exhausts besides MPE with extensions that work with the M Performance Diffiser?

I have a Remus exhaust and I hate how the tips are tucked back an inch. Doesn’t seem like there’s any way to extend them either.

Any work-around?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 11:58 AM   #2
stevemg9
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

I have the Dinan exhaust and I think it that looks good with the M performance diffuser.

I love the sound combined with the Fabspeed SportCat, I went this route because it was a little deeper sound than the MPE but not too loud to be annoying as a daily driver.

I will caution you though, I was very disappointed with the laser etching or whatever method they used for the Dinan logo. Less than a year in (one Michigan winter) and the logos rusted out. It was easy to polish off, but in doing so, I almost polished away the entire Dinan logo. If I have to do it again after next winter, the logo will likely be gone.

Also, you do need to buy some shorter exhaust hangars. With the stock hangars, the exhaust hangs too low for most people's liking. Attached picture is with stock exhaust hangars, I bought some smaller ones and it closed the gap nicely to about a finger's width.

If you go that route, buy some quality hangars, the first set I bought rotted out and one broke within a year. One side of my exhaust dropped and scraped on a speed bump
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 11:29 AM   #3
Liandri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

The AA axleback and 100mm tips are definitely going to work with an extended diffuser, tons of adjustability for length and both tail pipes height. With stock tips pushed all the way in, they look factory length, and the AA tips will add 3-5" to that. I'm not sure what the additional length will be but surely has to fall in that range
Appreciate 0