THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Would you *buy* a loaner?

View Poll Results: Would you BUY a former loaner BMW?
Sure, why not? Smart way to save a few bucks. 9 17.31%
Yes, but only if the the vehicle were Certified 14 26.92%
Maybe, if the price were too good to pass up 13 25.00%
Never 16 30.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

05-29-2020, 09:25 PM   #45
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqp5533 View Post
I bought a 2018 M240i xdrive last week. It was a courtesy for the first 4.5k miles and then the owner had it almost a year and added on another 5k miles. I got it for $34k. It had it's first service today and everything is great, I understand break in period and so forth...

But find me this year model with the premium package and fully loaded with less than 9k miles for $34k. So what if it was a courtesy. The deal I got on a $55kish car was unmatched. Had to cop.
I expect yours will turn out to have been a very good buy. Well done!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 10:22 PM   #46
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Well, last year I purchased a demo 2018 230i for a great discount. It had never been registered, so I have the full factory warranty. Had 3200 miles when I drove it home.

I guess in 4 years I'll come back and report on my experience.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 11:45 PM   #47
Wyldstyle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440xi GC

Quote:
I bought a 2018 M240i xdrive last week. It was a courtesy for the first 4.5k miles and then the owner had it almost a year and added on another 5k miles. I got it for $34k. It had it's first service today and everything is great, I understand break in period and so forth...

But find me this year model with the premium package and fully loaded with less than 9k miles for $34k. So what if it was a courtesy. The deal I got on a $55kish car was unmatched. Had to cop.
This particular 2018 M240 with 9k miles wouldn't happen to be black and have come from Crossroads, would it?

If so, I nearly bought it, but it did not appear to have CarPlay, which is a must-have for me. (Because it was at a non-BMW dealer, the guy wasn't sure, but I gave him steps to go through the car's menus to see whether or not it had it, and he couldn't find it.)
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 12:19 AM   #48
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldstyle View Post
Quote:

This particular 2018 M240 with 9k miles wouldn't happen to be black and have come from Crossroads, would it?

If so, I nearly bought it, but it did not appear to have CarPlay, which is a must-have for me. (Because it was at a non-BMW dealer, the guy wasn't sure, but I gave him steps to go through the car's menus to see whether or not it had it, and he couldn't find it.)
I wish you had pulled the trigger. CarPlay can be added on quite easily. This is, in fact, a great deal!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 12:26 AM   #49
Wyldstyle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
I wish you had pulled the trigger. CarPlay can be added on quite easily. This is, in fact, a great deal!
Only if the car has the right hardware, from what I read at the time. I was going to contact my service center to see if they could tell from the VIN whether it could be added to this one, but then it sold...
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 05:05 AM   #50
Feddersen
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive25i

I voted “never”. 6½ years ago I thought "no problem" and bought a F30 335i that started out boing a presentation car. I blew its engine and automatic transmission at 65k miles. When my wife wanted a F22 I insisted on not taking any good looking offer and we bought a new.

There are of course cars that do not invite you to spirited driving. They could probably bought with no risk. Fx a Prius will probably never be driven hard.
      05-30-2020, 09:56 AM   #51
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Only if the car has the right hardware, from what I read at the time. I was going to contact my service center to see if they could tell from the VIN whether it could be added to this one, but then it sold...
Bimmertech they make very easy to install hardware for any CarPlay retrofit

Of course I don't know the specifics of your situation and you may have already looked into these guys, but thought I would mention just in case
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 09:16 PM   #52
jqp5533
Rep
Drives: 18' M240i xdrive

Quote:

Haha yeah it was from CrossRoads! Thanks for not buying! Seriously, thank you! I LOVE THIS CAR!!! I even tried to negotiate since it was $2k over my price range, and my dad told me, if you love this car don't let this one go. It's better than everything you've seen this past month or so. Buy it. Didn't even think twice, bought 1 day after it was listed. Woke up early just to make my offer as soon as they opened.

THANK YOU FOR NOT BUYING IT! I love you man, but not as much as this car.

Last edited by jqp5533; 05-30-2020 at 09:17 PM.. Reason: adding a detail about buying the car
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 10:08 PM   #53
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Haha yeah it was from CrossRoads! Thanks for not buying! Seriously, thank you! I LOVE THIS CAR!!! I even tried to negotiate since it was $2k over my price range, and my dad told me, if you love this car don't let this one go. It's better than everything you've seen this past month or so. Buy it. Didn't even think twice, bought 1 day after it was listed. Woke up early just to make my offer as soon as they opened.

One woman's loss is another man's gain.

By the way, can you retrofit CarPlay into this car? Check on Bimmertech

Seriously, great ride and a great price! I might be selling mine soon
Appreciate 1
jqp553317.50
      05-31-2020, 12:20 AM   #54
Wyldstyle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Haha! Congrats. I had also been watching Autotrader closely enough for a few weeks that I knew it was a great deal when I saw it. But all's well that ends well; ultimately it wasn't the right one for me for a couple of reasons, like I am now after a different color scheme than black/black. That said, the car looked pristine - very nice buy.

I don't think Crossroads, being a non-BMW dealer, really understood what they had and so they underpriced it. The guy said to me after he told me it had sold, "The level of interest in this car has been shocking." I was not shocked!
Appreciate 1
jqp553317.50
      05-31-2020, 12:44 AM   #55
Wyldstyle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Of course I don't know the specifics of your situation and you may have already looked into these guys, but thought I would mention just in case
With Bimmertech do you order parts and then you have to DIY?

Pretty sure I'll end up buying new, but just in case I do come across a low-mileage 2018 or 2019 that has the rest of my required options & in my preferred colors, but does not have CarPlay, it would be good to understand this possibility!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 04:37 AM   #56
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

With Bimmertech do you order parts and then you have to DIY?

Pretty sure I'll end up buying new, but just in case I do come across a low-mileage 2018 or 2019 that has the rest of my required options & in my preferred colors, but does not have CarPlay, it would be good to understand this possibility!
Yes, however many, many independent BMw shops are Bimmertech dealers/installers as well. It isn't an expensive retrofit. Something like this is a Saturday afternoon DIY install.
Appreciate 1