THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Ordered and waiting

08-18-2019, 07:53 PM   #1
BlueGreen86
Rep
Drives: None

Ordered and waiting

I just ordered my 2020 M240i. LBB over Cognac, Premium Package, Adaptive Headlights, and HK audio. Purchased from a forum member for my first bimmer. I pulled the trigger and finalized everything 7-3. The car is built and on a ship almost pulling in to port. Now, I am excitedly tracking status and awaiting PCD in September. I’ve done a lot of lurking, but it feels great to (soon) be a part of the community.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 08:38 PM   #2
Miata13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW x3 M40i (on order)

Congrats...the search & order is one thing...the waiting can be agonizing! I'm also waiting for our out of town dealer delivery ....Saturday, Aug 31st..two short plane rides away!
'14 F31 M-Sport ED & PCD (retired)
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 08:12 PM   #3
tcollier91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M240i

Congrats, just got my 240i from the PCD last weekend. Worth the wait! Have fun watching every YouTube video related to your car twice in anticipation.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 05:16 PM   #4
BlueGreen86
Rep
Drives: None

Thank you all! I take delivery mid September. I am planning routes home now and think I can take the Blue Ridge PKWY to Tail of the Dragon. The only depressing parts are adherence to break in and lack of clear bra. Does anyone have any advice?

Tcollier- do you have any PCD tips?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 10:42 PM   #5
waxfigure
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGreen86 View Post
I just ordered my 2020 M240i. LBB over Cognac, Premium Package, Adaptive Headlights, and HK audio. Purchased from a forum member for my first bimmer. I pulled the trigger and finalized everything 7-3. The car is built and on a ship almost pulling in to port. Now, I am excitedly tracking status and awaiting PCD in September. I’ve done a lot of lurking, but it feels great to (soon) be a part of the community.

Congrats on your car! Your car is spec'd exactly the way I wanted mine. Unfortunately I didn't have a choice since I had to get a CPO

Newer cars do not usually need much of "breaking in". I would say drive the first couple hundred miles below 4k rpm and you should be good to go. As for the clear bra.. personally, I've set a limit that I won't purchase clear bra for a car unless I plan on keeping the car for a very long time :P If you really want to protect your bumper, perhaps you can use those blue tapes to tape up the whole bumper lol
Appreciate 0