THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Twitter Trainwreck

11-25-2022, 12:51 PM   #177
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

This MF deserves whatever negative may come his way.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-...172906651.html
Appreciate 1
minn1914034.50
      11-25-2022, 01:00 PM   #178
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Good satire. Is this guy like Babylon Bee or something? I like his sarcasm.
Or is he for real? If so, LOL.
I've not watched babylon bee. This just came up on my youtube feed. Elon, Zuckerberg and sbf have lost billions recently. That bit along with other bits though funny are for real.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 01:02 PM   #179
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

It looks like Musk is blowing up Twitter and his investment. I will never support an entity that promotes such hate speech and disrespects their employees as much as he's demonstrated over the past few weeks.
      11-25-2022, 01:12 PM   #180
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
It looks like Musk is blowing up Twitter and his investment. I will never support an entity that promotes such hate speech and disrespects their employees as much as he's demonstrated over the past few weeks.
Promotes hate speech???? Disrespects employees how?…..by terminating their employment?
Appreciate 3
________4158.50
RickFLM410974.50
      11-25-2022, 01:30 PM   #181
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
I've not watched babylon bee. This just came up on my youtube feed. Elon, Zuckerberg and sbf have lost billions recently. That bit along with other bits though funny are for real.
Making mistakes (looking at Meta, and the admission from Zuckerberg he had made a mistake) doesn’t make you an idiot.

I sit squarely in the camp of whoever amassed billions of dollars cannot be an idiot (an asshole, maybe, but stupid? Really?)

YMMV
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25106.00
      11-25-2022, 04:50 PM   #182
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Making mistakes (looking at Meta, and the admission from Zuckerberg he had made a mistake) doesn’t make you an idiot.

I sit squarely in the camp of whoever amassed billions of dollars cannot be an idiot (an asshole, maybe, but stupid? Really?)

YMMV
Admitting that a mistake was made doesn't make an idiot much the same way as making billions doesn't necessarily make you clever. Losing billions in a matter of months is a different kettle of fish.
Appreciate 1
minn1914034.50
      11-25-2022, 05:10 PM   #183
Gritty
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Promotes hate speech???? Disrespects employees how?…..by terminating their employment?
Some are anti Musk no mater what and some are pro Musk no matter what

You certainly seem to be pro Musk no matter what?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 06:51 PM   #184
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by srybicki View Post
Everyone talks shit but who is worth over 100 billion? None of us.
It will be successful and it will be a 250 billion dollar company in 10 years.
Haters will always be hating.
“Haters will always be hating.” People still talk like this?

I could care less what he is worth. The guy is a terrible human being and the way he treats people will come back to bite him sooner or later. You can already hear it from his interviews that he is one unhappy guy. He keeps going down these roads it will only get worse.

Just observations, no hate. I managed to be semi retired at 48 by busting my ass and by not stepping on people but helping where and when I could. I’m “worth” .0000000000000001 (probably less) of what he has monetarily. But I get to spend a ton of time with my wife and daughter and am guessing I’m much happier with my life. He keeps fathering children that will have no idea who he is. I really feel bad for them and all of his future ex wives he treats like dirt. Unless he is truly a sociopath he will wake up one day and wonder where it all went wrong. By his interviews he already does and I think he hates himself. Quite the facade he is trying to put out there. I wouldn’t trade my life for his or other rich guys like him ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
This MF deserves whatever negative may come his way.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-...172906651.html
Just another story showing you can’t trust a thing he says. He has unknowingly handed the remaining employees a ton of power. Unfortunately they probably won’t band together and use it.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 06:57 PM   #185
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
Poor twitter employees who didn’t do jack shit for 10 years and think they’re invaluable. I’ve asked this 5 times in this thread - what platform improvements has Twitter since since 2010
That would be on the leaders no?

This isn’t necessarily towards you, but I’d love to hear a lot of the people posting in this thread what there bosses and co-workers think of them.

A lot of Dunning-Kruger effect going on in this thread me thinks.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 07:03 PM   #186
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritty View Post
Quote:
Some are anti Musk no mater what and some are pro Musk no matter what

You certainly seem to be pro Musk no matter what?
I'm neutral. Just because I defend(ed) his actions/decisions as it pertains to Twitter doesn't mean I'm pro-Musk. I'm looking at the situation objectively.
Appreciate 3
dradernh4411.50
RickFLM410974.50
      11-25-2022, 07:04 PM   #187
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post

This isn’t necessarily towards you, but I’d love to hear a lot of the people posting in this thread what there bosses and co-workers think of them.

I don't care about what my bosses or co-workers think of me. I have been apart of a company getting bought out. It's common in my industry. People are let go and they find new jobs.

People are only showing fake outrage because it's Elon and is delivery is harsh. The severance packages I've seen are beyond fair (especially for CA)

I would rather know where I stand with a company vs. some corporate jack ass who lies to my face and lets you go the next day.

People are literally in here happy that Twitter is failing because they hate Elon...it's just funny to me
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2022, 07:08 PM   #188
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

This isn't necessarily towards you, but I'd love to hear a lot of the people posting in this thread what there bosses and co-workers think of them.

I don't care about what my bosses or co-workers think of me. I have been apart of a company getting bought out. It's common in my industry. People are let go and they find new jobs.

People are only showing fake outrage because it's Elon and is delivery is harsh. The severance packages I've seen are beyond fair (especially for CA)

I would rather know where I stand with a company vs. some corporate jack ass who lies to my face and lets you go the next day.

People are literally in here happy that Twitter is failing because they hate Elon...it's just funny to me
You bring up many fair points, including, but not limited to, the severance packages he offered. He was more than fair.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 07:09 PM   #189
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
He's not really a conservative hero - he's just a hero of capitalism. He's proving that the private sector will always be superior to the public sector even with its' flaws.

DeSantis is a conservative hero, not Musk.
This what I really don’t get. Without the subsidies neither Tesla nor SpaceX exists today. Now he says he is against subsidies. So he was ok with government help to get his companies going and make him one of the richest people in the world…………..but now wants the government to stop them so they don’t help help competition. All the while he still negotiates and lobbies for more for Tesla and SpaceX. Wonder if he’ll pay back the tens of billions he has received from direct and indirect subsidies he’s received.

This for me will actually be the interesting thing with Twitter. To see if he can turn it around without government help.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 07:19 PM   #190
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You bring up many fair points, including, but not limited to, the severance packages he offered. He was more than fair.
2 months in CA or 3 months in NY.

'Take it or leave it'

I don't know what these people expected...he severely overpaid for this company. Did they think it would be business as usual?

Maybe they were naïve and ignorant to the working conditions at Tesla.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25106.00
      11-25-2022, 07:20 PM   #191
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

My sympathies will almost always lie with the employees. As I said, I wasn’t directing that necessarily towards you. I’d still be surprised if you truly don’t care as that just goes against basic human nature.

A lot of comments about how thousands of Twitter employees are worthless etc etc. Hence my comment that apparently most of the people here have an extremely high opinion of themselves. Which leads to my natural curiosity of how they are viewed in their own places of work.

I can’t stand Elon for the reasons stated and his latest BS. Many are extremely tired of his two facedness and know they cant trust a thing he says. This will come back to bite him, it always does.

I don’t want Twitter to fail for the people left. Although it might be the best thing for them to go somewhere else less toxic if possible. A lot of companies are unnecessarily toxic to their employees, I don’t get it.

Also amazes me that people here don’t realize the US economy depends on companies over employing and keeping on even “worthless” employees. The US economy has backed itself into a corner where it heavily depends on these worthless no good lazy bastards spending their money on all the worthless shit we buy everyday. If every company truly ran ruthlessly efficiently it would probably crash the US economy and others.

Especially entrepreneurs like Musk that depend on government handouts to run. No payroll taxes who is going provide the money for said subsidies? Or buy those poorly made, underbraked, overpriced Teslas that somehow skirt dealership laws? Musk and Bezos doesn’t want to pay taxes so it certainly won’t be from them and people like them.

The US has backed itself into a vicious little circle economically.
Appreciate 1
KRS_SN13529.50
      11-25-2022, 07:21 PM   #192
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
This what I really don’t get. Without the subsidies neither Tesla nor SpaceX exists today. Now he says he is against subsidies. So he was ok with government help to get his companies going and make him one of the richest people in the world…………..but now wants the government to stop them so they don’t help help competition. All the while he still negotiates and lobbies for more for Tesla and SpaceX. Wonder if he’ll pay back the tens of billions he has received from direct and indirect subsidies he’s received.

This for me will actually be the interesting thing with Twitter. To see if he can turn it around without government help.
Yes, he's a huge hypocrite and only looks out for himself and his share holders. That's his job.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 07:22 PM   #193
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
He's not really a conservative hero - he's just a hero of capitalism. He's proving that the private sector will always be superior to the public sector even with its' flaws.

DeSantis is a conservative hero, not Musk.
This what I really don't get. Without the subsidies neither Tesla nor SpaceX exists today. Now he says he is against subsidies. So he was ok with government help to get his companies going and make him one of the richest people in the world…………..but now wants the government to stop them so they don't help help competition. All the while he still negotiates and lobbies for more for Tesla and SpaceX. Wonder if he'll pay back the tens of billions he has received from direct and indirect subsidies he's received.

He'll have to. He just took away a major arm of their liberal political machine/complex.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 07:29 PM   #194
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
He'll have to. He just took away a major arm of their liberal political machine/complex.
I disagree with that, that doesn’t surprise you. If it isn’t Twitter getting quoted it’ll just be the next thing for both parties/political leanings etc.

I think he bought it for a propaganda arm for himself and his interests. It’s clear he doesn’t give a shit about free speech from his behavior. He spent 44 billion to try and help himself and all his interests and nothing else period.

As with the turn around it will remain to be seen. People seem to think that he can tap a paid subscription of types. I don’t think this will work as there are other free apps and ways to not pay to do essentially the same thing. Or someone else will start a free app/service based on advertising and people will flock there. Just my speculation, I definitely could be wrong.

The people that won are the ones that fleeced him for 44 billion and are loooong gone laughing their asses off at him.
Appreciate 1
KRS_SN13529.50
      11-25-2022, 07:33 PM   #195
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Yes, he's a huge hypocrite and only looks out for himself and his share holders. That's his job.
And this is the crux of where we disagree on how he’s doing it. Nobody knows how it’ll turn out.

Obviously I think you can do this and still not do it the way he is doing it. There so many short sighted decisions based what is good for the investors/shareholders right now and not the long term. Many times the short sighted knee jerk decisions make it worse for all involved.

Last edited by minn19; 11-25-2022 at 07:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
KRS_SN13529.50
      11-25-2022, 07:34 PM   #196
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I disagree with that, that doesn't surprise you. If it isn't Twitter getting quoted it'll just be the next thing for both parties/political leanings etc.
Twitter and Facebook are huge assets when it comes to "messaging", so if you control the platform, you control the message/narrative (…especially when your political opponents are removed/blocked from those platforms). We've seen absolute evidence of that [suppression] on both of the aforementioned formats and I don't really think that is debatable.
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2022, 07:37 PM   #197
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
It’s cause he isn’t.
Look at the low level of this poster and the stuff he reads…
“ Being autistic, Musk also thinks quite differently from others”
What’s that got to do with anything?

“Losing money” because you own stocks is ridiculous. Lol anyway enough said, too low of a level to debate…
It sure seems he does: https://www.axios.com/2022/04/15/elo...rgers-syndrome
Appreciate 1
minn1914034.50
      11-25-2022, 07:38 PM   #198
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Twitter and Facebook are huge assets when it comes to "messaging", so if you control the platform, you control the message. We've seen absolute evidence of that [suppression] on both of the aforementioned formats and I don't really think that is debatable.
Yes and no, I think that’s a hard conversation to have on this medium and easier debated face to face if that makes sense.

My basic point is that yes FB and Twitter have had a huge impact on messaging and has certainly helped both sides politically for better or worse. The digital medium and the power of it are out of the bag though. I have no doubt as FB and Twitter continue to fade there will be plenty of other platforms that will take their places. Neither do anything that isn’t easily copied, the hard part is getting people to switch, but as we’ve seen plenty are willing to based on a bunch of different reasons.
Appreciate 1