THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Blown Turbo? Only 150 miles of Ownership

07-19-2023, 11:11 PM   #1
Twistedmetal
Registered
Rep
Drives: M235Xi

Blown Turbo? Only 150 miles of Ownership

Hello, just joined the forum as a new M235i owner. Car has low miles but ran rich since I bought it, threw misfires within 70 miles of driving. I changed plugs and found that they were all covered with carbon. New plugs were quickly carbon fouled as well. Misfires are gone for the last 20 miles of driving but the car still sucks gas. The fuel pressure is fine at idle and WOT but now the car is having a difficult time to make boost and the turbo charger isn’t making any more sound. Smoke test couldn’t produce any leaks. Visually, everything is connected

Mechanic looked at the turbo and said it’s broken and wants to replace but according to my logs, the turbo is showing some signs of life, able to make a little bit of boost when fuel isn’t being added into the engine. Any help would be appreciated. I’ve had the car for about a week and it’s really disheartening.
Attached Images

Last edited by Twistedmetal; 07-19-2023 at 11:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2023, 01:42 PM   #2
AshtonPJT
BM3 Tuner
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M40 2019

Which tune are you running?

Also post the logs and I can take a look.

In most cases when the turbo is blown or you have a massive boost leak the WGDC will go to 99%, based on the screenshots the wastegate is just not targeting high enough to build the boost needed.
Appreciate 0