THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Dinan Midpipe with Remus Axleback

10-23-2019, 09:12 PM   #1
helloelectro
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW m240i

Dinan Midpipe with Remus Axleback

I know this is a little redundant with an earlier post, but since my set up is a little different and I couldn't find specific info for my exhaust I'm posting a quick description of my install.

My set up is: Dinan intake, CG Precision DS-1 downpipe, Dinan Midpipe, Remus Axle back exhaust.

The Remus install was the last item needed to complete my exhaust setup. I was back and forth between going full on Dinan and mixing and going Remus. After a lot of research and listening to vids (which I know do no justice), I went Remus. one thing I didn't like specifically about the Dinan exhaust was that the black tailpipes seemed like they were a bore to upkeep or just didn't hold their quality over time. Any mufflers I saw for sale, or where people posted pictures, they just didn't look like they held up to the test of time. The Remus tailpipes on the other hand looked really nice, had more choices and didn't have these issues.

Also, I went remus because in the end, I felt like I was going to get a deeper sound. Not that i saw any complaints on the Dinan sound, this is just personal preference.

I was hoping for a direct fit, but ran into a few problems, though nothing to be unexpected when mixing and matching mods.

To make it fit we needed to cut about 6-8 inches off the Dinan midpipe where it butts to the muffler. The pipe coming off the Remus muffler is much longer than what Dinan’s using when determine length of each connecting part for the midpipe.

The pipe diameter ended up being identical so we couldn’t just sleeve it on. The diameter is 3.25 on each end. At 3.25 the machines available were only able to expand not reduce. I had a muffler shop expand the newly cut off end of the midpipe so it would go around the Remus end of the pipe. Not optimal given the air flow direction, but there doesn’t seem to be any exhaust leakage. I'll do a soap test soon and worse case apply some exhaust putty.

Once I got all the tail pipes lined up and everything torqued down i went for a ride and have zero regret of my decision. The tone is much deeper, and as others have said you can feel and hear the exhaust in the cabin so much better. Even the burbles have more sophistication.

Here is a quick vid of a few revs I did once I had it installed. I'll try to get some drive offs at some point.

Big thanks to Mike at x-ph.com for all of his help and also zsalim240i for his review here: https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1652435

Appreciate 4
MarkDemma517.00
wfujay19.50
deathking134.50
      07-03-2021, 10:14 AM   #2
deathking
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M240i / 2017 X3

Bumping this old post because Ive watched this video a million times on youtube.

If I can ever get the CG Downpipe my plan is to do exactly the same minus the midpipe.

Dinan Intake + CG Downpipe + Remus Axle back and remove burbles. Is there a simple way to remove burbles or should I just go straight for an MHD or BM3 tune? I don't really need more power.
      07-03-2021, 06:21 PM   #3
ChiefSif
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathking View Post
Bumping this old post because Ive watched this video a million times on youtube.

If I can ever get the CG Downpipe my plan is to do exactly the same minus the midpipe.

Dinan Intake + CG Downpipe + Remus Axle back and remove burbles. Is there a simple way to remove burbles or should I just go straight for an MHD or BM3 tune? I don't really need more power.
BM3. Easy to use and learn as well.
Appreciate 1
WolfGTI688.50
      07-04-2021, 11:00 AM   #4
WolfGTI
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F22,15 E84 M Sport,02 R53

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
2002 MINI Cooper S  [0.00]
2015 BMW X1  [0.00]
Agreed BM3 - I killed my burbles with it - too many people and shitboxes have these burble tunes, don't want to be associated with that crap.
Ohlins R&T coilovers, Turner monoball thrust arms, F87 LCAs, GC camber plates, Superpro subframe bushings, Megan Racing adj. RCAs, delrin differential bushings. Stoptech BBK 6 piston (f) 4 piston (r).
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 09:02 AM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats OP, im glad i was able to help

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 07:26 PM   #6
deathking
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M240i / 2017 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGTI View Post
Agreed BM3 - I killed my burbles with it - too many people and shitboxes have these burble tunes, don't want to be associated with that crap.
Exactly. Okay now Im really going to need an exhaust video from you!
      07-11-2021, 11:29 PM   #7
lixiang7349
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: customE50Tune

Cel? How many miles on the cat?
Appreciate 0