THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Alignment Report

05-25-2023, 08:54 PM   #1
iberro2
Rep
Drives: 2016 Bmw 228i xDrive

Garage List
Hello there, this is Abe new here. I got my 2016 228i xdrive back in December, when I got it the dealer claimed they changed all suspension on it & all four tires, and did an alignemnt. After driving it for a week or so I felt that the steering is a little off center but the car did not pull to any way. So I went to Belle Tire and did an alignment and I got the report but I want someone who understands it to tell me if it’s good or not because I honestly still feel like the steering is crooked when I put it straightly the car drives slightly to the right. Is it common on the F22’s?

Any advice and thanks 🙏🏼
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2023, 09:30 PM   #2
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

The alignment report looks good. If driving on a 2-way single lane road, the road camber should cause the car to steer slightly to the right if the wheel is straight, but on a divided 2-lane road with a central ditch you should have a slight pull to the left with the camber towards the ditch.

If you don’t get this slight effect in both directions, then the EPS (Electric Power Steering) rack probably needs to have the new centre position taught to it. Most modern alignment systems (such as Hunter systems) should have this function available.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2023, 09:42 PM   #3
iberro2
Rep

Garage List
aerobod
Thanks I just wanted to make sure! One more thing if u know surely and if u don’t mind, when parking the car and turning the steering wheel I hear rubber extending like noise, doesn’t matter turning left or right. Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2023, 10:12 PM   #4
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iberro2 View Post
aerobod
Thanks I just wanted to make sure! One more thing if u know surely and if u don’t mind, when parking the car and turning the steering wheel I hear rubber extending like noise, doesn’t matter turning left or right. Any thoughts?
If you are turning full lock and moving slowly in reverse in an F22, especially with sticky summer tyres, you can get some suspension pre-load that can release with a bit of a ping when the tension is released, I have found. I used to get this backing out of my driveway with the springs unevenly compressed when crossing the kerb.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2023, 10:27 PM   #5
iberro2
Rep

Garage List
aerobod
Yesss u got it I notice it especially when backing out of my driveway and turning. I have all season tires run flat on.
So from what I understand that this is normal?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2023, 10:49 PM   #6
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iberro2 View Post
aerobod
Yesss u got it I notice it especially when backing out of my driveway and turning. I have all season tires run flat on.
So from what I understand that this is normal?
Yes, if it does it with load on the suspension at full lock in reverse. A bit annoying but pretty normal.
Appreciate 0