THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Porsche 718 Spyder RS Finally Revealed

05-15-2023, 11:33 AM   #23
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
Are these faster around the Starbucks drive thru lines they will be going thru?

Porsche are straight up cringe these days.
Not sure I see the connection. Perhaps it's more to do with your regional demographics, but what exactly is the point you're trying to make?

In CA, where I'd say at least 35% of these cars will be delivered to, Starbucks locations with drive thrus are usually in more working-class, blue-collar neighborhoods. Are you saying this car is geared more towards those who have to "work for their money?"
Appreciate 1
Arcades8162.00
      05-15-2023, 01:12 PM   #24
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
Are these faster around the Starbucks drive thru lines they will be going thru?

Porsche are straight up cringe these days.
What does this even mean?

BMW enthusiasts: "omg what is BMW even doing with these new designs, they should be building driver's cars! Where's the high revving NA V8's these days?!"

Also BMW enthusiasts: "Porsche is so cringe, can't believe they put a GT3 engine in a lightweight convertible. See u at da starbuckz drive thru loserzzzzz"

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2023, 01:27 PM   #25
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
What does this even mean?

BMW enthusiasts: "omg what is BMW even doing with these new designs, they should be building driver's cars! Where's the high revving NA V8's these days?!"

Also BMW enthusiasts: "Porsche is so cringe, can't believe they put a GT3 engine in a lightweight convertible. See u at da starbuckz drive thru loserzzzzz"

People are weird. That's all.

There are no rational behind these cars. Porsche does their own thing. None of these cars, are necessary. Most of the Porsche GT cars that arrive in the States don't see track time. AP knows this, hence why Spyder exists. Sadly, people just still prefer the Cayman because it is a hardtop but Spyder RS will still sell well. Don't mind people who just complains about cars they will never get or have a chance to get.

The regular Spyder's was already a bit of a pain, took me 5+ minutes to figure it out with my CA (wanted to know how it works), the RS version and it's removable part is going to be even more of a pain as it is removable lol.
      05-15-2023, 02:48 PM   #26
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

I think I kinda know what 10" is alluding to (10" LMAO). Anyway, a lot of ppl buy for ego, unless one takes their cars to the track, say, >40% of the time, what's the pt in getting certain vehicles w inflated numbers to stroll along on public roads? I daresay lots of ppl don't even really know or care about sportiness, which to me means great handling in the twisties, I couldn't care less (ok, unless it's seriously bad) about straight-line performance or might as well get a piece of plywood and hook a rocket onto it and call it a day haha. That's why some ppl are justifying that HORRIBLE 'roof' contraption and the very idea of a convertible (that is not carbon tub-based) for a line that is supposed to maximize on performance, those 2 things don't even jive, wow, save some miniscule weight w that tent on a relative porker, ok, congrats.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2023, 03:46 PM   #27
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Which is why i've never understood the bad wrap cabs get. As if guys are pushing their 911's to the limit of adhesion and can wring more pace out of the car because there's less chassis flex on a coupe. Drop the top and enjoy the space and the rush.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25064.00