THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Lewis Hamilton in 2024

View Poll Results: In 2024 Lewis Hamilton...
will race again for Mercedes-AMG 49 71.01%
will race for Ferrari 7 10.14%
will no longer race in F1 (either quits F1 or differently involved in F1) 13 18.84%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

03-09-2023, 09:52 AM   #23
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
In the past, Michael Schumacher surprisingly moved on from 'his' Ferrari dream team to Mercedes AMG to end his F1 career,
Schumacher also moved from Benetton (where he was reigning 2x wdc) to Ferrari, which was then a mid field performer for years (with Alesi and Berger, WCC 3rd and 4th for a number of years)
Schumacher (and Todt and his team) had to work for a number of years to get Ferrari to the top.

I think Hammy will stay put. I also wonder what he'll be asking, as I think LEC will demand the same amount in that case.
So I only see place for HAM at Ferrari when LEC goes.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 3
M5Rick58879.50
NYG10571.50
      03-09-2023, 11:06 AM   #24
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Sounds about right from him and the rest at the back would give their eye teeth just for a few points.
Appreciate 2
NYG10571.50
      03-09-2023, 01:17 PM   #25
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Whatever Mercedes improves they will never beat the combination MAX and the RB19 , because that's the holy F1 grail...
Let's keep in mind : MAX was 1 sec. faster during the race than Mercedes and Ferrari while Gianpiero Lambiase (GP) called MAX to please slow down .
Finally MAX slowed down and ran with 90% of the HONDA power because Lambiase said over the onboard radio to MAX :
MAX please slow down ! This Isn't a race for us ...
Useless to say that the RB19 is better than the RB18 from last year and MAX looks sharper than ever before ...
MAX's hunger to win will never stop , put MAX in a competitive car and the rest drives for P2 !
As we have seen last year : MAX won't take prisoners !
Verstappen was effectively repeatedly requested, almost begged, by his race engineer to slow down because no-one could keep up ("Just bring her home, Max" - "There is no race at the moment"). As Verstappen kept going 0.7 seconds faster than requested, he was ordered again to slow down.

OK, it makes sense that keeping pushing on serves no purpose and slowing down preserves the engine longevity, but it goes against a race driver's nature to "slow down" - they want to race rather than to cruise to the chequered flag.

If, from hindsight, it would appear that Bahrain has set a trend, then it looks like Verstappen and his RB19 are going to totally dominate the field this season. Homework for other teams.

See also https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/...-ill-get-bored

NYG10571.50
      03-09-2023, 01:34 PM   #26
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Verstappen was effectively repeatedly requested, almost begged, by his race engineer to slow down because no-one could keep up ("Just bring her home, Max" - "There is no race at the moment"). As Verstappen kept going 0.7 seconds faster than requested, he was ordered again to slow down.

OK, it makes sense that keeping pushing on serves no purpose and slowing down preserves the engine longevity, but it goes against a race driver's nature to "slow down" - they want to race rather than to cruise to the chequered flag.

If, from hindsight, it would appear that Bahrain has set a trend, then it looks like Verstappen and his RB19 are going to totally dominate the field this season. Homework for other teams.

See also https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/...-ill-get-bored
Onboard with MAX and Gianpiero Lambiase

Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
Artemis28911.50
M5Rick58879.50
NYG10571.50
      03-09-2023, 01:48 PM   #27
M5Rick
General
Rep

We all know what happened to Senna at Monaco with such a huge lead who just couldn't slow up.
Appreciate 4
NYG10571.50
Roman748.50
Artemis28911.50
      03-09-2023, 04:57 PM   #28
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
We all know what happened to Senna at Monaco with such a huge lead who just couldn't slow up.
That was hubris by Senna: he was obsessively determined to pass the chequered flag as Monaco race winner while tailgating his nemesis Prost (almost doubling Prost). Eager to show off that he was better than Prost. So Senna kept on performing perfect laps in a crazy attempt to catch Prost ...until the proverbial race gods pulled the plug: Senna made a mistake and DNF'd. Prost went home with the race win.

The setback did not prevent Senna from becoming WDC that season. Senna and Prost won all 1988 F1 races (except for Monza, won by Berger: DNF for both Prost and Senna). Battle of F1 titans.

First hand info about Senna's Monaco 1988 crash: 02:57 - 06:16:
NYG10571.50
      03-09-2023, 05:07 PM   #29
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
That was hubris by Senna
I'll watch it tomorrow Artemis, it's lights out now.
Appreciate 3
NYG10571.50
      03-10-2023, 09:08 AM   #30
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
That was hubris by Senna: he was obsessively determined to pass the chequered flag as Monaco race winner while tailgating his nemesis Prost (almost doubling Prost). Eager to show off that he was better than Prost. So Senna kept on performing perfect laps in a crazy attempt to catch Prost ...until the proverbial race gods pulled the plug: Senna made a mistake and DNF'd. Prost went home with the race win.

The setback did not prevent Senna from becoming WDC that season. Senna and Prost won all 1988 F1 races (except for Monza, won by Berger: DNF for both Prost and Senna). Battle of F1 titans.

First hand info about Senna's Monaco 1988 crash: 02:57 - 06:16:
Very good vid with journo Reginaldo Leme explaining the circumstances of Senna's off and understandably his reluctance to talk about his error. Haven't seen this one before, thanks for sharing and I'll watch all the other ones attached at the end.
Appreciate 2
      03-10-2023, 12:25 PM   #31
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Very good vid with journo Reginaldo Leme explaining the circumstances of Senna's off and understandably his reluctance to talk about his error. Haven't seen this one before, thanks for sharing and I'll watch all the other ones attached at the end.
The 2021 Hamilton-Verstappen rivalry regularly reminded me of the Prost-Senna rivalry. In the late 80s Prost was the established world champion, stoic, "Le Professeur", while Senna was the very talented rascal upsetting the establishment with unorthodox and ruthless racing. Back in their racing days, they despised each other, did not talk to each other. But a change of heart happened after Prost had quit F1: Senna approached Prost, explaining that he truly missed him as challenger and that racing without him was no longer exciting anymore. Prost explained in a recent long interview that they regularly were in touch with each other and actually a bromance blossomed between them. They had left the toxic past behind them and moved on in good terms.

I hope that someday something similar could happen between Hamilton and Verstappen. Different personae, but who knows.

Here's the very interesting interview (by Rosberg) of Prost talking about Senna (see from 31:22 onwards):

03-10-2023, 02:10 PM   #32
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
The 2021 Hamilton-Verstappen rivalry regularly reminded me of the Prost-Senna rivalry. In the late 80s Prost was the established world champion, stoic, "Le Professeur", while Senna was the very talented rascal upsetting the establishment with unorthodox and ruthless racing. Back in their racing days, they despised each other, did not talk to each other. But a change of heart happened after Prost had quit F1: Senna approached Prost, explaining that he truly missed him as challenger and that racing without him was no longer exciting anymore. Prost explained in a recent long interview that they regularly were in touch with each other and actually a bromance blossomed between them. They had left the toxic past behind them and moved on in good terms.

I hope that someday something similar could happen between Hamilton and Verstappen. Different personae, but who knows.

Here's the very interesting interview (by Rosberg) of Prost talking about Senna (see from 31:22 onwards):
It's easy to compare the Senna/Prost rivalry with the Max/Lewis of '21-22. The difference is that the Max/Lewis rivalry appears to be (sort of) over at this time with Lewis not able to challenge Max so there is no interaction lately on the track.
I believe if the Merc should improve (tho' not very likely) up to the level of the RB then it may resume and we know that kind of rivalry brings in millions of extra viewers.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10473.00
      03-10-2023, 02:29 PM   #33
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoose View Post
Hamilton is a superior racer, but the edgy hunger is missing. Last year too, there were times that it seemed he could’ve pushed but didn’t.
He's much smarter than the low-brow's give him credit for.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2023, 03:16 PM   #34
g21
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M340T M550i EV6GT

Hamilton at Ferrari: "guys why are we not pitting the safety car is out?"

Ferrari: "we are checking"

Ham: guys why are we on full wets the track is dry

Ferrari: we are checking

Ham: what's our strategy?

Ferrari: we can confirm if you stay in this position you will end up last.

Ham: you guys are idiots

Ferrari: correction we confirm we are italias
Appreciate 1
GuidoK10473.00
      03-10-2023, 03:37 PM   #35
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I think Hammy will stay put. I also wonder what he'll be asking, as I think LEC will demand the same amount in that case.
So I only see place for HAM at Ferrari when LEC goes.
The idea is a swap of Leclerc and Hamilton (Toto Wolff convinces Leclerc to join Mercedes AMG for way more millions than his current pay check at Ferrari + Hamilton moves over to Ferrari without losing too many millions of cash).

Rumor is strong that Mercedes AMG is currently not negotiating a new contract with Hamilton. Maybe delaying negotiations is meant as an incentive to see this Spring if Hamilton is still worth getting paid ± 10 times Russell's pay. Or to leave the door open for replacing Hamilton by Leclerc or Norris in 2024.

But if Hamilton ever wants to drive for Ferrari, he will need to take Italian classes, because down at Ferrari a lot of internal communication and public relations is in Italian.

GuidoK10473.00
      03-10-2023, 04:06 PM   #36
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoose View Post
Hamilton is a superior racer, but the edgy hunger is missing. Last year too, there were times that it seemed he could’ve pushed but didn’t.
He's much smarter than the low-brow's give him credit for.
What matters most in the end for teams, drivers and sponsors: results.

Also F1 is a dog-eat-dog world. If you get paid dozens of millions of dollars for racing an F1 car, your team and sponsors want taste for their money with staff and tools put at your disposal, regardless whether you're the smartest, the most seasoned or the most decorated of the field.
GuidoK10473.00
      03-10-2023, 04:52 PM   #37
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

When hammy retires, I wanna see if he will nut up and do a few NASCAR races like KIMI and Jenson.

Probably be skeered or busy with his fashion line
Appreciate 3
GuidoK10473.00
M5Rick58879.50
      03-10-2023, 05:37 PM   #38
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:

But if Hamilton ever wants to drive for Ferrari, he will need to take Italian classes, because down at Ferrari a lot of internal communication and public relations is in Italian.
And that probably only gotten worse the last few years as both LEC as SAI are fluent in italian

But indeed a bigger paycheck is always a good motivation to lure LEC away from Ferrari.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58879.50
      03-10-2023, 05:37 PM   #39
HeelToeShift
Captain
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Mercedes AMG made progress compared to 2022. But at this stage, it's not enough to truly threaten Ferrari and Red Bull. They could claw back in forthcoming races if they change the W14 design. Aston Martin shows that the Mercedes engine has potential to keep up with the front runners.

I was surprised that Hamilton didn't manage to pass Sainz in the final stages of the Bahrain race. He came close and it seemed that Sainz couldn't keep him behind him. Maybe tire degradation of the Mercedes from fighting Alonso or did Ferrari change a power setting near the end of the race ? Gap between Sainz and Hamilton was less than 3 seconds (2.925s) at the chequered flag.
Can we really say Aston kept up? Alonso finishing 38 seconds after Max, in a race where he was running 1:37s is not really what I'd call running with them. If Max pushed the entire race Aston would have likely been lapped along with the entire remainder of the field.
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2023, 06:14 PM   #40
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
What matters most in the end for teams, drivers and sponsors: results.

Also F1 is a dog-eat-dog world. If you get paid dozens of millions of dollars for racing an F1 car, your team and sponsors want taste for their money with staff and tools put at your disposal, regardless whether you're the smartest, the most seasoned or the most decorated of the field.
Results come and go with the tires, the cars, the engines.

LH is top 10 ever, and it's plain to see, so all arguments about him have an emotional motivation, not a factual one.

Politics, politics, politics...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2023, 09:57 PM   #41
Artemis
Rep

Name:  Hamilton.jpeg
Views: 1550
Size:  284.0 KB

04-24-2023, 07:42 PM   #42
Artemis
Rep

"Charles Leclerc in Mercedes talks as F1 paddock's "open secret" may impact Lewis Hamilton"
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formu...-2024-29793844
      04-25-2023, 07:22 AM   #43
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, R56 Camden, G37x

He will quit.
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2023, 05:41 PM   #44
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
"Charles Leclerc in Mercedes talks as F1 paddock's "open secret" may impact Lewis Hamilton"
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formu...-2024-29793844
Charlie will do to Sainz what he did to SEB ...

Then , there's a seat for LEW at Ferrari
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58879.50
DrFerry6722.50