THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Classifieds Members Classifieds Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover 2017 M240i 8AT 27,647 miles - W/CPO BMW warranty

02-20-2023, 10:45 PM   #1
jv92red
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i (SOLD) E92M3 (SOLD)

2017 M240i 8AT 27,647 miles - W/CPO BMW warranty

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
For sale is my 2017 M240i. Mineral Gray Metallic; black leather interior; 27,647 miles; 8AT. Non-smoker/vaper, always garaged. Adult owned (I’m 52 years young) Car is in excellent, like-new condition. Clean title, accident-free. Located in OC, CA. CA registration is paid through October 2023. Title in hand.

I purchased the car in November 2019 with 20,766 miles on it at the time CPO from BMW Encinitas and purchased an extended warranty on top of the CPO warranty that already came with the car as I was expecting this car to be my daily driver to work and wanted the peace of mind. Pandemic hit a few months later in March of 2020 so I transitioned to a hybrid work schedule and since then and only drive the car into work a few times a month. So with the car sitting in the garage so often while still having to pay insurance and registration on it, I’m looking to save some money and consolidate cars with the wife so looking to get into a 4 door sedan so that my wife can share using the car as well with toting the kids around. Kids are now out of car seats but too big for the back seat of my M240 I guess. BTW I never had child/baby seats in this car and no one has sat back there since I’ve owned it.

I am a long-time BMW enthusiast having owned an E36 328i and an E92 M3 previously so I can appreciate the ability to purchase an enthusiast-owned car that I feel the owner has taken good care of it. I am being as detailed as I can with this for sale ad as I flew out to Seattle to purchase my previous M3 so I appreciate the complete transparency this ad will provide the next prospective buyer if also having to fly in from out of state to see the car. This is why I am listing the car for sale first on this forum so that the next BMW enthusiast can enjoy it.

The motor is stock and untouched. Never tracked, raced or abused. I changed the oil and filter myself at 24,926 miles. Besides a windshield wiper replacement, there haven’t been any other maintenance items needed for this car. I did have to replace the windshield because of a self-inflicted crack but there have been no other parts replaced other than the interior and exterior modifications I will list below.

Factory Options:
Black Dakota leather
Harman Kardon audio
SiriusXM tuner
Navigation
Comfort keyless access
Wireless charging
Apple Carplay prep’d (I have an android phone so not sure what “prep’d” means)
Adaptive Xenon headlights
Adaptive dampers
Front and rear parking distance control
M Double Spoke 436 wheels, factory staggered(Orbit gray)
Moonroof
Driver-side memory seats
Car is NOT equipped with heated seats/heated steering wheel

Pics of the front lower dam/bumper air vents will show there are supplemental coolers/radiators on both left and right sides. My understanding is that not all M240i cars came with coolers on both sides. My car has both from the factory. Not sure if these come equipped with the warm weather “S823” vin option?

Installed interior and exterior modifications below are all easily reversible as I have the factory original parts that will go with the car. If the new buyer wants these modifications reversed before the sale I will be happy to oblige before vehicle transfer of ownership.

Interior modifications:
Red steering wheel M1/M2 buttons (non-operational. Was planning to make these operational with an added kit to control the sport/Sport+ function but did not get around to it)

Red start button

Exterior modifications:
Euro front License plate custom ordered with matching license number (conforms to CA Vehicle code) affixed to the front bumper using 3M body tape. This is easily removable and there are NO drill holes for the factory license plate underneath. This is my solution to running without a plate previously and getting a few front plate tickets so between this and the standard square front plate it’s the lesser of two evils IMO.

Blue crash bar plastic overlays (not vinyl wrap)

Matte black kidney grills

Rear M performance (replica) diffuser, matte black

CTEK MXS 5.0 charger hard wired to the front jumper post (car sits for 2-3 weeks between driving so this made sure the battery is kept at optimum level without overcharging)

Mods that I’ve purchased that I have not yet had the time to install them, they may go along with the car if the new owner chooses. (Do not contact me to sell these parts separately from the car. If the car sells and the new owner doesn’t want any of these items then I will update this thread for these remaining items)

BNIB - Mewant Alcantara steering wheel cover (Dark gray Color #9002 with red center stripe, and 3 color M stitching)

BNIB - Matte carbon shift paddles

BNIB - Front M (replica) sport lip, ABS matte black

I’m in no rush to sell. I feel I have the car priced competitively considering the excellent condition it is in and its low mileage and warranty that comes with the car even without all of the extras. But I am not firm on the price and will work with a motivated buyer. Warranty paperwork will be provided at the time of sale and I will pay the transfer fee for the new owner. Warranty expires in October 2023.

Any shipping arrangements/costs will need to be arranged by the buyer.

Feel free to reply or DM for any questions you have or if you would like me to take any additional pictures.

I will update this thread once it has sold so if this thread is still open without “sold” listed then the car is still available for sale.

Attached Images

Last edited by jv92red; 03-30-2023 at 08:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 07:37 AM   #2
Resoelg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 ZV-Blue

Garage List
24 G87  [10.00]
You have some tasteful upgrades, some I would be interested in if new owner isn't. GLWS.
Pics didn't seem to upload.
G
Appreciate 1
jv92red143.00
      02-21-2023, 11:28 AM   #3
jv92red
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the heads up. Pics are loading fine on my PC but not when viewing on my phone. Will have to reload or resize them later today.
Appreciate 1
Resoelg238.00
      02-21-2023, 09:57 PM   #4
jv92red
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Pics updated!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2023, 06:18 PM   #5
Resoelg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
24 G87  [10.00]
Nice ride!
Appreciate 1
jv92red143.00
      02-22-2023, 10:18 PM   #6
jv92red
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks! The next owner is getting an amazing car for sure. I will miss it.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2023, 04:24 PM   #7
jv92red
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Price reduced!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2023, 02:39 PM   #8
jv92red
Second Lieutenant
Rep

pending sale...
Appreciate 1
Resoelg238.00
      03-24-2023, 09:08 PM   #9
Resoelg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
24 G87  [10.00]
Glad to see you sold it. If sale doesn't including extra add ons/mods please PM me.
G.
Appreciate 1
jv92red143.00
      03-31-2023, 11:38 PM   #10
jv92red
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Car sold. PM sent.
Appreciate 0