THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Just put down deposit to order 2021 230i MSport

01-17-2021, 07:24 PM   #23
Nick_K
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 230i MSport Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralGrey230BHM View Post
Amazingly, they got mine built before the lockdown in Germany. And it made it to the port. But I have a feeling it's going to sit there until mid-January.

I did MSport and non-runflats. I have to confess a little anxiety. The 17" wheels and runlets and regular suspension have been very supple and forgiving over bumps and expansions strips. Very impressive. But I do want more stability, road feel, and control this time. Hopefully I'll like my new choice.
I had the same concern but I'm glad that I followed my reps recommendation to go MSport. The ride is firm, controlled, yet supple, decidedly not like the E90 325i ZSP I had with runflats which was quite "bricky".
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 06:54 AM   #24
MineralGrey230BHM
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 230i MSport, Mineral Grey

[QUOTE=Nick_K;27130155]Mine arrived this weekend. It's a joy to drive. Nimble, agile, more fleet of foot than the 240xi I drove with A/S RFTs before putting my order in. Alpine white, oyster/black Sensatec with wood, MSport with staggered non-runflat performance tires and 155 mph limiter, manual transmission, heated seats, black grille surround delete.

It's just beautiful. You're getting me excited about that boat!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 07:12 PM   #25
Nick_K
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=MineralGrey230BHM;27131430]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_K View Post
Mine arrived this weekend. It's a joy to drive. Nimble, agile, more fleet of foot than the 240xi I drove with A/S RFTs before putting my order in. Alpine white, oyster/black Sensatec with wood, MSport with staggered non-runflat performance tires and 155 mph limiter, manual transmission, heated seats, black grille surround delete.

It's just beautiful. You're getting me excited about that boat!
Did yours arrive?

By the way, mine arrived with the mobility kit but with runflat Continental SSR max performance tires -- in other words, not to order spec. I had the dealer swap them out to the Michelin PSS star rated tires immediately. I have heard of someone else with the same issue at delivery. I am glad I insisted on the getting that remedied. The Michelin PSSs are stickier, less nervous, give a more settled ride.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 07:45 PM   #26
MineralGrey230BHM
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 230i MSport, Mineral Grey

[QUOTE=Nick_K;27441267]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralGrey230BHM View Post

Did yours arrive?

By the way, mine arrived with the mobility kit but with runflat Continental SSR max performance tires -- in other words, not to order spec. I had the dealer swap them out to the Michelin PSS star rated tires immediately. I have heard of someone else with the same issue at delivery. I am glad I insisted on the getting that remedied. The Michelin PSSs are stickier, less nervous, give a more settled ride.
Mine came with the same Continental SSEs. They escalated mine to BMWUSA and it still isn’t resolved.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 06:44 AM   #27
Nick_K
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=MineralGrey230BHM;27441380]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_K View Post

Mine came with the same Continental SSEs. They escalated mine to BMWUSA and it still isn’t resolved.
Thanks for the update. I'd be interested in the spin they put on that. With mine it got no further than the dealer - they had the car back for inspection, agreed it didn't match spec, gave me a 340i loaner and installed the spec tires the next day. Not sure if and how they resolved it with BMW. Kudos to the dealership -- Ottos BMW, West Chester, PA.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 05:53 PM   #28
bensanford
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Grey '18 230i & Grey '21 330ix

Congratulations on your order. I decided to go with a similar build when I ordered my 2018 230i. If I had been concerned with re-sale value, I would likely have been better off with a 240, since I was basically ordering all the 240 options except for the 6-cylinder engine. At the time of my order you could delete the sunroof (which I never use), and I'm still very happy with my 2018 230i. It has less than 20K miles, so I don't think I will be replacing it any time soon. The only way I could get non-run flats, was to go with the summer performance tires with wider rear tires on 18" rims. It did come with the Michelin performance tires.

I purchased a set of 17" wheels for the winter, and they barely fit over the M-sport brakes.

Last edited by bensanford; 11-08-2021 at 06:01 PM..
Appreciate 0