THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Bayoptiks Experience/Reviews?

06-07-2023, 02:51 PM   #1
Cosworth
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 230

Bayoptiks Experience/Reviews?

Hi all. Been a long time reader, but have finally come to seek advice/opinions.

Getting kind of tired of the look of the halogens on the 230 and have been looking into Bayoptiks.

I don't drive much but taking them off and shipping them out is not an option for me so I'd either buy a new set of headlights to start fresh/send out or buy their pre-built units and send back the cores.

Was curious if any here could share their thoughts and experiences with them. Customer service, any install tips, custom vs. pre-built, how they have held up, etc. etc.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2023, 12:10 PM   #2
boejiden
Rep
Drives: BMW 240i x drive

just bought some of their yellow "CSL" DRLs for my F22 240i. Shipping and product itself was good, but it did deliver with one of the modules damages, causing the throw to be purple-ish.

It took a little back and forth with their CS to get it resolved, but in the end they did send me a replacement free of charge. im not sure if i'd recommend bayoptiks specifically, since they sell the exact same module from Aliexpress, but I'm not unsatisfied with my purchase either.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2023, 09:21 PM   #3
Cosworth
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by boejiden View Post
just bought some of their yellow "CSL" DRLs for my F22 240i. Shipping and product itself was good, but it did deliver with one of the modules damages, causing the throw to be purple-ish.

It took a little back and forth with their CS to get it resolved, but in the end they did send me a replacement free of charge. im not sure if i'd recommend bayoptiks specifically, since they sell the exact same module from Aliexpress, but I'm not unsatisfied with my purchase either.
Glad they did the right thing for you and sent a replacement.

Seems like their products are solid, but I've now started to wonder if I really want to tackle the install of new headlights with removing the front clip and the associated wiring of going from halogen to the LED set up. But they do look pretty sick from what I’ve seen, maybe I can find an independent shop that will do the install and save me the headache.

In any case, thanks for the input! Enjoy the new look on your 240!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 06:59 PM   #4
sec_mk3
Rep
Drives: bmw f22 bmw g20

upgrade your halogen to OEM xenon or LED's problem solved - all OEM.
Appreciate 0