THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions 13-03 6WA Kombi retrofitted to 15-03 F22 (after previous NBTevo retrofit)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-25-2023, 04:18 PM   #1
boldorider4
Private
3
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i F22
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Berlin, Germany

iTrader: (0)

13-03 6WA Kombi retrofitted to 15-03 F22 (after previous NBTevo retrofit)

Hi everyone!

So, I got a used and virginized 6WA cluster kombi made on 2013-04-09 and retrofitted it to my 2015-03 F22.
I found out that the old BKOMBI entry in the SVT had to be deleted and written into the car VCM SVT-Target so E-Sys can correctly display the KOMBI in the ECU list. I think someone is already familiar with this issue because it was discussed in other forums, so thanks everybody for those useful posts!

So I finally managed to code the Kombi to my car FA and also got the selected gear to show on the cluster (which was also a common issue...SPA_IST_GANG_ENABLE --> nicht_aktiv!!!).

Now I have one new issue, namely the directions on the cluster display are not shown in the correct color table: at intersections you will see the roads displayed in gray but the arrow pointing into the direction to go are also displayed in gray, making them basically invisible.

After a bit of research, I figured the problem is the parameter:

KOMBI CAFD:
NAVICOLOR_TABLE --> from neue_farbtabelle to farbwelt_id5

but because my CAFD does not show farbwelt_id5 as an option (it only shows neue_farbtabelle and alte_farbtabelle), I guess the issue is that the 13-03 firmware of the cluster is too old. Do you guys agree with this theory? Or maybe the firmware of the NBTevo (which was retrofitted and updated) is just too new (22-11) and therefore only supports 6WB?

So I guess the only thing I can try is flash the cluster with newer firmware than 13-03. But I also read that the I-Step gap between FEM and KOMBI shouldn't be too big otherwise the FEM (and possibly more ECUs) would need to get flashed as well. My current FEM firmware is still stock, therefore on I-Step 15-03.

So my question to you guys: does anyone have an old enough PSDzData Full that doesn't deviate too much from 15-03? Maybe from 2016 or 2017?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2023, 04:57 PM   #2
boldorider4
Private
3
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i F22
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Berlin, Germany

iTrader: (0)

TheNine90 , shawnsheridan your inputs would me most appreciated
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2023, 07:07 PM   #3
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
9445
Rep
36,275
Posts

Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldorider4 View Post
TheNine90 , shawnsheridan your inputs would me most appreciated
I do not have any older psdzdata version. Just the latest. You can laways flash FEM also.

First, make sure you have FDL Coded HU_NBT2 => KOMBI_CIC = kombi_mid for 6WA to ensure that is not your issue.
__________________

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2023, 03:58 AM   #4
boldorider4
Private
3
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i F22
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Berlin, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I do not have any older psdzdata version. Just the latest. You can laways flash FEM also.

First, make sure you have FDL Coded HU_NBT2 => KOMBI_CIC = kombi_mid for 6WA to ensure that is not your issue.
Hi Shawn,

thanks so much about the great suggestion!
I actually have KOMBI_CIC=kombi_high in my case.
Do you think a 6WA kombi w/ production date 2013-04-09 and I-Step 13-03 would correspond to KOMBI_CIC=kombi-mid on the HU_NBT2? Mind you, every single other function on the kombi works 100%.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 08:45 AM   #5
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
9445
Rep
36,275
Posts

Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldorider4 View Post
Hi Shawn,

thanks so much about the great suggestion!
I actually have KOMBI_CIC=kombi_high in my case.
Do you think a 6WA kombi w/ production date 2013-04-09 and I-Step 13-03 would correspond to KOMBI_CIC=kombi-mid on the HU_NBT2? Mind you, every single other function on the kombi works 100%.
I believe it is this:

kombi_low = Basic Kombi
kombi-mid = 6WA Kombi
kombi-High= 6WB Kombi

Just change it to kombi-mid and test it. You can always change it back.
__________________

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2023, 12:23 PM   #6
boldorider4
Private
3
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i F22
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Berlin, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I believe it is this:

kombi_low = Basic Kombi
kombi-mid = 6WA Kombi
kombi-High= 6WB Kombi

Just change it to kombi-mid and test it. You can always change it back.
By the way, I also have KOMBI_RES = 'high' and other possible values are 'mid' and 'nicht_aktiv'. The comment reads "Most or can combi", so I'm guessing this also needs to be set accordingly.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 12:34 PM   #7
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
9445
Rep
36,275
Posts

Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldorider4 View Post
By the way, I also have KOMBI_RES = 'high' and other possible values are 'mid' and 'nicht_aktiv'. The comment reads "Most or can combi", so I'm guessing this also needs to be set accordingly.
Start with KOMBI_CIC FDL Code and go from there.
__________________

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 02:04 PM   #8
boldorider4
Private
3
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i F22
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Berlin, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Hi shawnsheridan ,

unfortunately all my attempts were unsuccessful. I tried setting one at a time and finally altogether the following:

KOMBI_CIC --> kombi_mid
KOMBI_RES --> mid
KI_KOMBI_VARIANT --> mid_35up_apix, mid_35up_oabr, rr_35up

and then I also trying switching on and off all FPK-related values, namely:

FPK_COMING_ROAD_BMP --> aktiv/nicht_aktiv
CALMING_KOMBI --> aktiv/nicht_aktiv
DRIVE_MODE_KOMBI --> aktiv/nicht_aktiv
LOUPE_TACHO_KOMBI --> aktiv/nicht_aktiv
MFID_KOMBI_VARIANT --> aktiv/nicht_aktiv
KOMBI_AUFLOESUNG --> aktiv/nicht_aktiv

I guess it really could be a SW (like the I-Step) or HW issue with the kombi. Or maybe the 'neue_farbtabelle' (new color table), which is older than farbwelt_id5, is simply not supported on 11-22 NBTevo.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 02:15 PM   #9
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
9445
Rep
36,275
Posts

Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldorider4 View Post
Hi shawnsheridan ,

unfortunately all my attempts were unsuccessful. I tried setting one at a time and finally altogether the following:

KOMBI_CIC --> kombi_mid
KOMBI_RES --> mid
KI_KOMBI_VARIANT --> mid_35up_apix, mid_35up_oabr, rr_35up

and then I also trying switching on and off all FPK-related values, namely:

FPK_COMING_ROAD_BMP --> aktiv/nicht_aktiv
CALMING_KOMBI --> aktiv/nicht_aktiv
DRIVE_MODE_KOMBI --> aktiv/nicht_aktiv
LOUPE_TACHO_KOMBI --> aktiv/nicht_aktiv
MFID_KOMBI_VARIANT --> aktiv/nicht_aktiv
KOMBI_AUFLOESUNG --> aktiv/nicht_aktiv

I guess it really could be a SW (like the I-Step) or HW issue with the kombi. Or maybe the 'neue_farbtabelle' (new color table), which is older than farbwelt_id5, is simply not supported on 11-22 NBTevo.
Ok, flash it is then.
__________________

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 03:26 PM   #10
boldorider4
Private
3
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i F22
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Berlin, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Ok, flash it is then.
Cool!

I think Iíd still like to be a little conservative and flash 03-18 on the KOMBI so the deviation with FEM is minimal (FEM is 03-15).

NBTevo is on 11-22 but it was VO-Coded with Zeitkriterium 03-18 (I know it doesnít make a great deal of difference), but as far as I know, in 2018 cars were already sold with an NBTevo and also still with a non-black panel 6WA.

If that still doesnít work, I can still flash the KOMBI again to 11-22.

Thanks, Shawn!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 05:27 PM   #11
boldorider4
Private
3
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i F22
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Berlin, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Oh, shawnsheridan, I almost forgot:

If I look at the TAL Pre-requisites for the KOMBI ECU, does it mean that I also have to flash the Pre-requisites with the same I-Step as the KOMBI?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 05:29 PM   #12
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
9445
Rep
36,275
Posts

Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldorider4 View Post
Oh, shawnsheridan, I almost forgot:

If I look at the TAL Pre-requisites for the KOMBI ECU, does it mean that I also have to flash the Pre-requisites with the same I-Step as the KOMBI?
I can't say. There is no way to know. Personally, I don't worry about any Prerequisites. I flash ECU i need to and then only is something is not working will I go back and flash any other ECU.
__________________

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 06:49 AM   #13
boldorider4
Private
3
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i F22
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Berlin, Germany

iTrader: (0)

By the way shawnsheridan,

Is it safe to flash via HTTP for every ECU? Or is forcing UDS safer albeit slower? I didn’t use UDS for NBTevo cause it would take ages but for other modules the difference should not be dramatic.

Also, is flashing KOMBI after connecting through VIN ok? Because I know that for FEM_GW I have to connect through ZGW IP.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 09:49 AM   #14
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
9445
Rep
36,275
Posts

Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldorider4 View Post
By the way shawnsheridan,

Is it safe to flash via HTTP for every ECU? Or is forcing UDS safer albeit slower? I didnít use UDS for NBTevo cause it would take ages but for other modules the difference should not be dramatic.

Also, is flashing KOMBI after connecting through VIN ok? Because I know that for FEM_GW I have to connect through ZGW IP.
I flash using HTTP and only if it fails will I go back and set it to UDS. Usually you can set just BTLD for UDS and keep SWFL at HTTP. I flash via VIN myself.
__________________

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2023, 11:22 AM   #15
boldorider4
Private
3
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i F22
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Berlin, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I flash using HTTP and only if it fails will I go back and set it to UDS. Usually you can set just BTLD for UDS and keep SWFL at HTTP. I flash via VIN myself.
Cool, thanks as always! You flash via VIN also the FEM_GW?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 11:37 AM   #16
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
9445
Rep
36,275
Posts

Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldorider4 View Post
Cool, thanks as always! You flash via VIN also the FEM_GW?
Never flashed FEM_GW before.
__________________

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 AM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST