THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Xdelete and LSD

05-16-2023, 03:38 PM   #1
Doubleojon
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 m240ix

Garage List
Hello,

I have a 2018 m240ix, tuned with MG Flasher. I purchased xDelete, and while it’s awesome to be able to switch back and forth (I live in New England so I need that xDrive), I find I have a lot of traction issues in rwd when I’m running higher than factory boost levels and have to switch to sport+ to actually enjoy it.
My question is: is the LSD compatible with xDrive models (finding conflicting info so far), and will it help with the slippage?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2023, 08:49 AM   #2
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleojon View Post
Hello,

I have a 2018 m240ix, tuned with MG Flasher. I purchased xDelete, and while it’s awesome to be able to switch back and forth (I live in New England so I need that xDrive), I find I have a lot of traction issues in rwd when I’m running higher than factory boost levels and have to switch to sport+ to actually enjoy it.
My question is: is the LSD compatible with xDrive models (finding conflicting info so far), and will it help with the slippage?
Welcome to the club of rear-end slippage. I'm not sure what LSD is compatible but it would help with traction. I added the M Perf LSD to my rwd M240i and it's way better. That along with keeping the tire pressures around 32 to 33 psi were game changers for me.

I would get on the phone with a service advisor at a BMW dealer and have them search for the correct LSD part number for your car. Either that or someone with BMW parts hub.