THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs) What's your pressure washer setup?

05-05-2023, 12:37 PM   #23
Pheonix
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe 2012 e93 M3

Garage List
2007 BMW/Z4MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
I thought the Active 2.0 was just on preorder still?
I just checked and looks like they are on Back-order with an estimate delivery of 1st week of June.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2023, 02:23 PM   #24
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

Just finished my wall mount:

Active 2.0
Kobrajet 75' smooth hose w/ cox reel
MTM SGS28 gun with MTM acqualine tip
MTM PF22.2 foam cannon

for those of you with the Active 2.0, how have you secured it to the shelf?

Last edited by shimmy23; 05-05-2023 at 02:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 12:51 AM   #25
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theruleslawyer View Post
Those battery and bucket ones are interesting. I don't have a hose near the garage for some insane reason and hooking up both power and water is always a PITA.
You truly don't need anything more than a hydroshot and bucket ever for any reason. The only reason pros (should) use pressure washers is for speed, i.e., to do many cars fast.

I have the Kranzle + CR Spotless setup, and it's great n all but for DIYers it's purely for fun and totally unnecessary.

For DIYers a pressure washer is purely a toy.

I consider this the master setup:

It's basically Home Depot buckets full of de-ionized water & N914 waterless wash I get at the grocery store along with the smallest hydroshot, which has the benefit of a sprayer nozzle with a watering setting versus only the power settings.

The reason this is the sweet setup is because it's always 100% ready to go, so I can wash my X5 in 20 min including setup & cleanup.

After loads of testing, I use chenille mitts and the Garry Dean method.

So 1 of those buckets is for spraying down the car with rinseless wash, and another is for wetting down the mitts. After each pass the dirty mitt goes into the dirty bucket, I grab a clean mitt, dip it, do the next section, and repeat around the whole car. Then I dry the whole car with The Rag Co Twistresses.

I have drawers of TRC microfiber, but really only use the chenille mitts and microfiber madness large pads for the roof & hood

Then every month or so I'll do a 2nd pass with a water-based sealant; the best one IME is Turtle Wax Seal-n-Shine and if you want pop do a topper of TW Ice Spray Wax which has carnauba.

I don't do ceramic coatings on my paint (only wheels) because for me it's a complete waste as every 12-18 months I like to polish the car (which is also noobie simple & safe) so I'd just be polishing off the ceramic and *functionally* there's zero difference between monthly applied water-based sealants and 1,000 year duration resin-based ceramics.

Last edited by GrussGott; 05-07-2023 at 12:58 AM..
Appreciate 6
Game7375.50
Arcades8162.00
M4Tejas770.00
      05-07-2023, 01:37 AM   #26
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
You truly don't need anything more than a hydroshot and bucket ever for any reason. The only reason pros (should) use pressure washers is for speed, i.e., to do many cars fast.

I have the Kranzle + CR Spotless setup, and it's great n all but for DIYers it's purely for fun and totally unnecessary.

It's basically Home Depot buckets full of de-ionized water & N914 waterless wash I get at the grocery store along with the smallest hydroshot, which has the benefit of a sprayer nozzle with a watering setting versus only the power settings.

The reason this is the sweet setup is because it's always 100% ready to go, so I can wash my X5 in 20 min including setup & cleanup.

So 1 of those buckets is for spraying down the car with rinseless wash, and another is for wetting down the mitts. After each pass the dirty mitt goes into the dirty bucket, I grab a clean mitt, dip it, do the next section, and repeat around the whole car. Then I dry the whole car with The Rag Co Twistresses.

I have drawers of TRC microfiber, but really only use the chenille mitts and microfiber madness large pads for the roof & hood

Then every month or so I'll do a 2nd pass with a water-based sealant; the best one IME is Turtle Wax Seal-n-Shine and if you want pop do a topper of TW Ice Spray Wax which has carnauba.

I don't do ceramic coatings on my paint (only wheels) because for me it's a complete waste as every 12-18 months I like to polish the car (which is also noobie simple & safe) so I'd just be polishing off the ceramic and *functionally* there's zero difference between monthly applied water-based sealants and 1,000 year duration resin-based ceramics.
Can you live closer to me so you can wash my car please.

Thanks.
      05-12-2023, 06:09 PM   #27
Sanjuro1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M550i

Garage List
2023 BMW M550i  [9.25]
I use this, quite happy with it.

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/produ...40962030076055
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 09:19 PM   #28
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

My Karcher 1700 crapped out after a few days. Won’t start.

Bought a cheap $100 Ryobi for now.
MTM SG28 wand
MTM PF22 foam cannon
Uberlex 50’ hose

Wanted to go Active, but I’ve read many negative reviews and their customer service seems to be hit or miss (as is their inventory).
      05-13-2023, 07:59 AM   #29
denaliman
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M Competition

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:

I have the same set up with the mosmatic kit. I dumped the cr spotless canisters for this: https://rv-mods.com/convert-your-cur...tridge-system/

Appreciate 2
GrussGott18116.50
M4Tejas770.00
      05-13-2023, 12:54 PM   #30
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post
I have the same set up with the mosmatic kit. I dumped the cr spotless canisters for this: https://rv-mods.com/convert-your-cur...tridge-system/
Interesting, thanks for posting!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 06:04 PM   #31
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post
I did this as well, it made a big difference. Probably more than the 40% honestly.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 06:44 PM   #32
luckylingy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1209582 View Post
pressure washer : kranzle 1322ts
hose - kobrajet
wand - mosmatic
Same here, from Obsessed Garage. I opted for the 'Ultimate' Solution and am completely satisfied. I added a 25' hose (in addition to 50') for when I'm washing in the garage in the winter, vs. in the driveway when it's above 45°F. It makes for less hose to wrangle, given the pressure washer is 5' from the vehicle being washed.
Appreciate 2
      05-13-2023, 10:20 PM   #33
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylingy View Post
Same here, from Obsessed Garage. I opted for the 'Ultimate' Solution and am completely satisfied. I added a 25' hose (in addition to 50') for when I'm washing in the garage in the winter, vs. in the driveway when it's above 45°F. It makes for less hose to wrangle, given the pressure washer is 5' from the vehicle being washed.
For 2k I’d hope you’re satisfied.
      05-14-2023, 01:21 PM   #34
chicagob5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Quote:
I'm sure they are, OG knows what they're doing when it comes to pressure washers.
Appreciate 1
      05-14-2023, 04:06 PM   #35
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Quote:
Honda Civic driver says the same about your BMW purchase.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2023, 08:14 PM   #36
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:

What kind of TDS does that system leave you with? I have a DI RO system for my saltwater tank that I could use to make buckets of water. I have the Ryobi handheld power washer that I could pull from a bucket. Never thought about doing this, sadly.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2023, 08:35 PM   #37
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagob5 View Post
I'm sure they are, OG knows what they're doing when it comes to pressure washers.
No doubt about that. His spreadsheet is an insane amount of work.
      05-14-2023, 11:03 PM   #38
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post
What kind of TDS does that system leave you with? I have a DI RO system for my saltwater tank that I could use to make buckets of water. I have the Ryobi handheld power washer that I could pull from a bucket. Never thought about doing this, sadly.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2023, 12:12 AM   #39
M4Tejas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 G82 M4xDrive

Talking

Quote:

I want you on my team. I was about to pull the trigger on https://rv-mods.com/spotless-water-di-systems/ product. Thank you very much! I knew this site was worth something. Bier money saved.

2022 M4 Comp xDrive Aventurin Red Metallic
https://wieninger.de/ Seit 1666

Last edited by M4Tejas; 05-15-2023 at 04:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2023, 12:10 PM   #40
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Tejas View Post
I want you on my team. I was about to pull the trigger on https://rv-mods.com/spotless-water-di-systems/ product. Thank you very much! I knew this site was worth something. Bier money saved.
Definitely, yeah the kranzle is nice but it's purely a $2,000 toy and doesn't clean your car any better than a $80 hydroshot.

Anyone who says different is highly inexperienced or really bad at car washing
Appreciate 2
M4Tejas770.00
Game7375.50
      05-15-2023, 01:34 PM   #41
deathmetal666
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

Ryobi 1800
Sg28 gun with swivel and quick connects
50’ Uber flex hose
Griots foam cannon
Quick Connect kit for all connections
3.5 nozzle kit for gun
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2023, 02:00 PM   #42
mencio
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5M (F95) LCI

Somewhat related, but do any of you had to deal with a slanted driveway and now a taller vehicle? I am used to washing my M3 which is also a bit lowered and can easily reach the top middle of the roof. Now with the new X5, I cannot reach unless I use a small step ladder, but again the driveway is quite sloped so haven't found the right solution yet. Anyone can recommend a good step ladder/stool that works with sloped driveway?
      05-15-2023, 03:19 PM   #43
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmetal666 View Post
Ryobi 1800
Sg28 gun with swivel and quick connects
50’ Uber flex hose
Griots foam cannon
Quick Connect kit for all connections
3.5 nozzle kit for gun
3.5 nozzle kit for your SG28? I'd try a 2.5 or even 3.0 to get you better GPM.
      05-16-2023, 09:56 AM   #44
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mencio View Post
Somewhat related, but do any of you had to deal with a slanted driveway and now a taller vehicle? I am used to washing my M3 which is also a bit lowered and can easily reach the top middle of the roof. Now with the new X5, I cannot reach unless I use a small step ladder, but again the driveway is quite sloped so haven't found the right solution yet. Anyone can recommend a good step ladder/stool that works with sloped driveway?
You can try a gorilla platform; if you put the rear legs right next to the rear wheel hub you should be able to reach most of the roof.

The other thing I'll do is use a large wash pad from TRC or microfiber madness which you can wing around without using the platform
Appreciate 1
mencio395.50