THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums USA - Southeast Knoxville TN, Have any Mechanic Recommendations

09-03-2021, 01:48 PM   #1
470MR10
Rep
Drives: 2016 bmw 235i x-drive

Knoxville TN, Have any Mechanic Recommendations

Does anyone in or near Knoxville have any BMW, German automotive, or even European automotive mechanic recommendations?

Specifically if you could rate the following:
  • Kadunza
  • Marko's Garage
  • Eurotech
  • European Auto Garage

I'm especially interested to hear how Kadunza compares to Eurotech and European Auto Garage as I've had experience with the latter two.

If a mechanic you like is not on the list, please add them. I used to go to Turners Euro Services off Rutledge Pike when I had a 2002 330xi, but Jeff informed me he does not work on newer BMW's like the 2 series.

I've had mixed experiences with my VW R32 going to Knoxville mechanics who specialize in European cars, if not German specifically.

One terrible experience was with European Auto Garage where, on a routine check up, they informed that my timing belt was very worn and about to snap. Super troubling news, especially considering R32's have a timing chain. And no, it was not worn. And no, I don't think they even raised the hood.

Eurotech was good if I was having them do an install of an upgraded part from ECS that I felt was beyond my rather limited mechanic skills. But when it came to standard maintenance like my thermostat, it went from a $600 quote to a $1300 bill.

MF Auto did great work, and charged what they quoted. But they know they do great work, so they quote, and subsequently charge, accordingly. Not to mention, they are exclusively vw/audi group, so I really shouldn't have brought them up in the first place, sorry

Either way, thank you all for your time reading and responding.

Last edited by 470MR10; 09-03-2021 at 01:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 04:26 PM   #2
DerricksM235i
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i / 2008 350Z

I've had a few good transactions with RM Motorwerks here in Knoxville, their phn# 865-247-4068. I have a 2015 M235i xdrive that I've had them install some aftermarket parts on.

I would avoid European Auto Garage like the plague. EAG are crooks and ALL about profit.

I didn't get a good vibe from Kadunza either because they said my aftermarket warranty probably wouldn't cover most repairs, I know otherwise. I suspect they don't like dealing with aftermarket warranty companies since they probably can't rape them on repair costs.

Have you found a decent BMW shop yet?

Derrick
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 07:54 AM   #3
Matt40567
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i & 93 e30 vert

The owner of Kadunza personally drives a M2 Competition and knows these cars well.

He's also a really good dude...I would at least swing by and talk to them
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2022, 11:11 PM   #4
Robert_K
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerricksM235i View Post
I've had a few good transactions with RM Motorwerks here in Knoxville, their phn# 865-247-4068. I have a 2015 M235i xdrive that I've had them install some aftermarket parts on.

I would avoid European Auto Garage like the plague. EAG are crooks and ALL about profit.

I didn't get a good vibe from Kadunza either because they said my aftermarket warranty probably wouldn't cover most repairs, I know otherwise. I suspect they don't like dealing with aftermarket warranty companies since they probably can't rape them on repair costs.

Have you found a decent BMW shop yet?

Derrick
In full disclosure, I am the owner of Kadunza and I'm sorry you didn't get a good vibe from what we have to say about aftermarket warranties but we pride ourselves on being very transparent upfront to set expectations. We always warn customers beforehand that aftermarket warranty companies are terrible about honoring much of anything with the exception of a very few. The reason we do this has nothing to do with repair costs but rather to set expectations because these companies are worse than dealing with health insurance and we end up being the messenger for the paragraphs of small print in their contracts the customer didn't read. So naturally the customer becomes frustrated when we end up being the ones to first tell them that their contract will not cover repairs or when the warranty company sends an adjuster to find a reason not to honor them.

Regardless we are always willing to submit anything a customer requests to their warranty company and do everything we can to get it approved. In the end its usually the warranty company that tries to bend the customer over and we get caught in the middle.

That said, we pride ourselves on being enthusiasts in the community with a team of great master techs some of which have worked at some the other shops mentioned previously in this post, with the exception being Marko's because.. well.. Marko's is only Marko and he's a great guy and a personal friend of mine.

I invite anyone local reading this post to just come by and visit, experience the vibe at our shop, and even check out our M2 Comp.

We're not as expensive as some of those previously mentioned shops, but we're not cheap nor do we cut corners even if requested. Though I can guarantee we will be 100% genuinely transparent with you and set expectations before we ever touch your vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 11:57 PM   #5
puniphorous
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2001bmw 525i

Dean's?

Old thread, I guess, but has anyone had experience with Dean's import services? I am on the east side of town, and going all the way out west is a bother.
Appreciate 0