THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Tracking / Autocrossing Track Review of EBC Yellow Brake Pads

06-27-2016, 03:06 PM   #23
Béhème
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana View Post
Pagid rs 29 are racing endurance pads, they need 400 degrees c to reach there optimum operating coefficient. Street pads are usually 100-200 degrees c.

race pads require heat to work effectively. The ferrous materials in racing brake pads require higher temperatures or they become very abrasive to the rotor surface. This is why you don't want to use track pads on the street. But once some heat has built up from several hard stops they are phenomenal. If your not heating the pads sufficiently, you need to rebed them often.

It's just not practical for most drivers to run race pads, unless they can get the brakes hot, real hot often. Otherwise it is the worst of both worlds, glazed expensive pads and rotors.

Do you what the funniest thing is ??? Lest summer I found the Pagids so user friendly that I left them on long after track season. I procrastinated so much that I kept them on all winter (Canadian) !!!! Go figure...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 04:22 PM   #24
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Béhème View Post
Do you what the funniest thing is ??? Lest summer I found the Pagids so user friendly that I left them on long after track season. I procrastinated so much that I kept them on all winter (Canadian) !!!! Go figure...
Global Warming... Or maybe you live on top of a mountain and ride the brakes down. As long as your happy with them, no worries.
Appreciate 0