THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Strange Noise after Downpipe Install

08-27-2019, 07:22 PM   #1
boriflaco
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i

Strange Noise after Downpipe Install

I just installed an ER catted downpipe on a 230i. The install went smoothly for the most part and fitment was spot on. After riding a few times, i noticed when turning the wheel right and accelerating a strange rubbing noise appears from the front passenger side. It sounds like the tire may be hitting or rubbing on something or the DP is vibrating alot causing the area to make noise. This only happens in the beginning of the ride and only when turning right. After a few minutes of riding the noise will stop and not happen again until I turn off the car and start the car again.

Things I have checked over and over again are the clamps and bolts on the DP to make sure they are tight. Made sure the exhaust was tight and rotate correctly. Sensors are tights. Looked for any loose heat shield around the area. I didn't take the right wheel off during the install so I feel like that should not be the problem.

Just looking for any help or suggestions on what the problem could be. I would take it to a BMW mechanic but all are open Mon-Fri which I work on those days and I just started a new job so my vaca days are limited.
Appreciate 0