THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Where to find aftermarket exhaust valve

07-19-2019, 10:28 AM   #1
slow_f22
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m235i

Garage List
2015 m235i  [0.00]
Where to find aftermarket exhaust valve

I plan on going full straight pipe with a muffler bypass, with that said I no longer have the OEM flap in my muffler. I’m looking for somewhere to buy a remote control valve that I can cut into my exhaust to quite the car down when needed. I don’t want a dump I simply want a exhaust flap I can open and close with the click of a button. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2019, 07:25 AM   #2
EVEda235i
Mr. Clutch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_f22 View Post
I plan on going full straight pipe with a muffler bypass, with that said I no longer have the OEM flap in my muffler. I’m looking for somewhere to buy a remote control valve that I can cut into my exhaust to quite the car down when needed. I don’t want a dump I simply want a exhaust flap I can open and close with the click of a button. Any help would be greatly appreciated
U can buy the valves they use for the electric cutouts. The entire cutout on ebay is like $55. Just the valve is $34.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F293120547532
Attached Images

07-27-2019, 07:31 AM   #3
EVEda235i
Mr. Clutch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVEda235i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_f22 View Post
I plan on going full straight pipe with a muffler bypass, with that said I no longer have the OEM flap in my muffler. I'm looking for somewhere to buy a remote control valve that I can cut into my exhaust to quite the car down when needed. I don't want a dump I simply want a exhaust flap I can open and close with the click of a button. Any help would be greatly appreciated
U can buy the valves they use for the electric cutouts. The entire cutout on ebay is like $55. Just the valve is $34.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F293120547532
I'm currently in the process if retro fitting m-buttons to my car that are wired to a remote control separate from the car's systems. This would allow u to control things like cutout, meth kit, etc. If your interested here's a link to the thread
M Button Retrofit https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1613702
      07-30-2019, 06:52 PM   #4
Liandri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

I'm guessing you want this:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dou-dec300aks

Can put it right before the muffler. It's a leakproof design unlike the butterfly valves, do some research on both. If you for some reason still want a butterfly, i understand raceready makes good ones. On that note, buy a quality cutout - don't spend all the time and effort installing a junk one from ebay that's just going to break or otherwise have reliability issues.

Going with an aftermarket muffler that works with the stock valve requires the canflap module to control the valve on the 235i, which adds $300 to the already high price. IMO a cutout before the stock muffler is the way to go, I'll be installing the Dougs unit next spring and will be sure to post pics and video.
Appreciate 1