THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes M240i suspension steps

08-03-2019, 11:22 AM   #1
helloelectro
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW m240i

M240i suspension steps

Hey all:

I'm currently riding on Dinan lowering springs which I feel are a nice upgrade in handling for the car. Also have 12/15mm spacers done.

I'd love to get an LSD but I'm not quite ready to drop the cash for it. I just did the lowering springs though probably should have done coil overs.

I don't track, though wouldn't mind trying once or twice, but I do like driving twisty roads aggressively. It's also my daily driver though we have another car to deal with zombies, apocalypse and 4 wheel shananagins.

I'm trying to determine what might be a good next step for handling performance.

Rear and front anti sway bars would be an option but apparently they are expensive to install with not much benefit. Anyone done this and felt it made a big difference?

Was thinking about upgrading to poly bushings but not sure which ones are worth doing. Im ok with a stiffer ride just not teeth chattering lol.

Don't know if I need camber plates since I'm mostly street riding and probably killing my tires.

The other thing that sucks is my suspension is adaptive. So I kicked around the idea of billsteins but the adaptive versions are expensive I might as well do full coil overs with the delete on it.

I know this is a bit of a rant, just looking for feedback from anyone who can offer opinions and experiences. </rant> lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 07:41 AM   #2
marcthedark
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i xdrive Convertible

Why not try the MSS kit
https://mss.company/
installed here
https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1631963
otherwise maybe look at wheels/tires (not sure what you are running now) as that can make a huge difference.
And what do you want to improve? Turn in? Flatness? Stability?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 03:29 PM   #3
helloelectro
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthedark View Post
Why not try the MSS kit
https://mss.company/
installed here
https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1631963
otherwise maybe look at wheels/tires (not sure what you are running now) as that can make a huge difference.
And what do you want to improve? Turn in? Flatness? Stability?
Hey thanks for your reply! So aside from being able to adjust height, do these springs perform better than Dinan?

I feel really comfortable exiting turns, I'm still a little timid entering into turns. Probably being overly cautious still but the car feels a bit sloshy still to me. Not terrible but it seems I could right up the sway a bit to get some more confidence in the entry.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 07:42 AM   #4
marcthedark
Lieutenant
Rep

The MSS set (by my experience with an R32 and Audi owner reviews and the 240 build from the UK here on the forum) is providing the both of both worlds. Stable handling, less understeer, solid feel but at around stock comfort level (which really helps on B roads). So normally they outperform "simple" springs (VW R32 from H&R to MSS was a noticable difference)
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 11:54 PM   #5
Hekler
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i Black on Black

These springs look interesting. Do you know any dealers in USA that know the BMW's?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 01:04 PM   #6
marcthedark
Lieutenant
Rep

You can just google MSS and the US resellers pop up. Think BMW is a very recent addition (before they did VW/Audi) so I'm not sure if any US dealer has any experience/feedabck form her/his customers.
Appreciate 1
Hekler29.00
      08-12-2019, 10:35 PM   #7
Hekler
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i Black on Black

Thank you for the feedback
Appreciate 0