THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Comparing Wagner and Evolution Racewerks Downpipes w/Cat

07-16-2019, 03:49 PM   #23
Solid67
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i xDrive MP Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreculah View Post
Is there a DIY on changing out the downpipe?
Yes there is:

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1428608
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 11:11 PM   #24
Hekler
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i Black on Black

I got the catted pipe and the little straight adapter on amazon works good. I think on the catless they are using a 90 degree adapter. Its on the website somewhere? Just look at the downpipe threads and its there....
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 09:44 AM   #25
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by szyms View Post
Hi,

As a user of Evolution Racewerks downpipe for B58 car, I want to make it clear that this downpipe DOES cause a check engine light.
And also - the smell. It's really annoying and very intensive with it.
You won't find this in a comment section on Mike's shop, because they are constantly removing any feedback stating this behavior, which is really disgusting.
So for me the question would be - is it worth to pay more for Evolution Racewerks downpipe, if it brings A CEL just like cheaper VRSF or any other cheaper option? I leave answer with you :-)
You keep posting the same message on every thread. You are spamming the forums. Suppose you wish to have a conversation. Post it in 1 place, and we can have a conversation.

1- I never said ER does not trigger the check engine light; please post a link or screenshot to prove otherwise.

2- ER is handbuilt in the US; that's why it's more expensive than others. I have said such a bunch of times.

3- if you do not want a check engine light, you need to get downpipes with GESI or HJS cats. Active Autowerks is my favorite, and I have hundreds of posts recommending it for this reason.

4- we do not delete comments for no reason. We probably are one of the few websites that keep bad reviews and unhappy customers' comments.
Suppose we deleted your comment; it's for breaking the rules.
In your case, you are making false claims that we told you there was no CEL guarantee on the ER, and you fail to provide any proof for this claim.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0