THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Fineline Pure Wood Trim

03-10-2019, 11:30 PM   #1
redcars
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 228xi

Fineline Pure Wood Trim

Does anyone have the Fineline Pure Wood Trim? It looks brown on the BMW site, but I've seen other pics where it looks orange, yellow. I've seen the Fine-wood 'Fineline' Trim, and it looks brown, black to me.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 09:30 PM   #2
Lynx_Rufus
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240ix

Here you go. I think those pictures are pretty accurate based on what I've seen.

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1575305

It's nice looking wood, but my preference for a small, sporty car like the M240 would be one of the aluminum trims or the carbon fiber trim (new for '20). Just seems to fit better with the overall personality of the car. Just my opinion, though.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 10:49 PM   #3
Plynth2697
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx_Rufus View Post
It's nice looking wood, but my preference for a small, sporty car like the M240 would be one of the aluminum trims or the carbon fiber trim (new for '20). Just seems to fit better with the overall personality of the car. Just my opinion, though.
That was exactly my opinion when I faced the "unimaginable" reality of finding a black M240i with insanely low miles at an incredible price, BUT with the fineline wood trim. My two previous Bimmers stretching back close to 20 years were a E36 and a 2012 128i--both "triple black," which is black exterior, interior and seats. I considered a number of fixes/replacements such as this: https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1305865

I was talked out of it and decided to see if I could live with it and, to my great surprise, totally fell in love with it and see it as a perfect compliment for the classy ride it is. Now, an M2 would probably be a whole other story and agree this is all subjective!

One more thing--I think the photos provided are a fairly good representation of the color but don't provide the entire context of actually sitting in the car and taking it all in...
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 10:47 AM   #4
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

yes, those photos are pretty accurate to what the trim looked like when i got my car. it was quickly replaced with the m2 carbon fiber trim.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 10:05 PM   #5
ramy_who
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB, 1989 325is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plynth2697 View Post
That was exactly my opinion when I faced the "unimaginable" reality of finding a black M240i with insanely low miles at an incredible price, BUT with the fineline wood trim. My two previous Bimmers stretching back close to 20 years were a E36 and a 2012 128i--both "triple black," which is black exterior, interior and seats. I considered a number of fixes/replacements such as this: https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1305865

I was talked out of it and decided to see if I could live with it and, to my great surprise, totally fell in love with it and see it as a perfect compliment for the classy ride it is. Now, an M2 would probably be a whole other story and agree this is all subjective!

One more thing--I think the photos provided are a fairly good representation of the color but don't provide the entire context of actually sitting in the car and taking it all in...
I LOVED the fineline wood on my 228. I was so happy when I found a 2 series on the lot with that trim. I agree that it doesn't "suit" the personality of the car as a whole, but when you sit in the car you don't really care about the personality of the car a whole. What matters is how the leather looks with the trim. I don't like aluminum tbh... looks too cheap.
Cosmetic Mods: Vorsteiner V-FF108 18x8.5 +35 Square | M Performance Diffuser
Appreciate 0