THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB Where to get a service manual (fsm)?

02-03-2019, 01:50 PM   #1
JesseFL
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i 6MT

Where to get a service manual (fsm)?

Tried searching in the forum but it doesn't seem to be working - I tried Titles Only with "service manual" but the results do not contain the phrase "service manual" in the title. Weird!

Anyway, anyone know if there is a FSM I can buy/access anywhere? I see Bentley is still publishing for the 3-series and 4-series, but no 2-series? Where can I get access to service instructions?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 02:04 PM   #2
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseFL View Post
Tried searching in the forum but it doesn't seem to be working - I tried Titles Only with "service manual" but the results do not contain the phrase "service manual" in the title. Weird!

Anyway, anyone know if there is a FSM I can buy/access anywhere? I see Bentley is still publishing for the 3-series and 4-series, but no 2-series? Where can I get access to service instructions?
This is the best place if you don't want to pay for a BMW online subscription: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/
BMW doesn't publish any hardcopy manuals anymore.
Appreciate 2
      02-05-2019, 11:38 AM   #3
JesseFL
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
Quote:

This is the best place if you don't want to pay for a BMW online subscription: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/
BMW doesn't publish any hardcopy manuals anymore.
Alright, thanks for the info. I am really going to miss the days of the paper fsm - it made working on cars stupid easy.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 07:43 PM   #4
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
Alright, thanks for the info. I am really going to miss the days of the paper fsm - it made working on cars stupid easy.
These days it is best to have a laptop and wifi in the garage if you do a lot of work on cars. I have half a dozen different packages on my garage laptop for maintenance and tuning purposes for the 3 cars we currently have in the family, besides access to Internet resources, too.
Appreciate 0