THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Enhanced Bluetooth and OFFICE

08-27-2019, 09:37 PM   #1
maryx
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i conv, 230i Conv

Enhanced Bluetooth and OFFICE

I'm pretty sure I have enhanced bluetooth -- my iphone streams through the sound system with no prompting at all, I get near the car and the music starts playing thru the car audio system even if my iphone is doing something else, or nothing.
It took me a month to find the little Playlists feature on the Idrive, and that's pretty amazing. The genius at the dealer couldn't find it, so I wonder what else I'm missing
I figure I should have Office if I have extended bluetooth, but I can't find that. Any suggestions? Does it have to be coded to make it appear. Anyone know?
This is a 2017 230i

Last edited by maryx; 08-28-2019 at 08:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 04:39 PM   #2
bmtespar
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 X3 30i, 18 230iX Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryx View Post
I'm pretty sure I have enhanced bluetooth -- my iphone streams through the sound system with no prompting at all, I get near the car and the music starts playing thru the car audio system even if my iphone is doing something else, or nothing.
It took me a month to find the little Playlists feature on the Idrive, and that's pretty amazing. The genius at the dealer couldn't find it, so I wonder what else I'm missing
I figure I should have Office if I have extended bluetooth, but I can't find that. Any suggestions? Does it have to be coded to make it appear. Anyone know?
This is a 2017 230i
It sounds like you have basic Bluetooth streaming but not Enhanced Bluetooth. A quick way to know is if you get album art or not when streaming wirelessly. Your not missing much from Office except for the ability to have text messages displayed in the car. Full office functionality can be coded into the car and has been referenced many times in the diy coding sections. Hope this helps.

Sold: 19 x3 30i X drive, 18 230i X drive Convertible
18 x3, 30i X drive 16 428i Convertible, 16 X1 X drive, 14 i3 Rex, 14 328i, 14 x1 28i X drive, 08 328i, 03 M5, 99 323i Convertible, 00 z3 M Roadster, 99 328i, 00 323i
Appreciate 0