THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics CarPlay issue in F23

09-21-2019, 01:51 PM   #1
PerryMason
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240i Convertible

Question CarPlay issue in F23

Hi...

I updated my iPhone to ios13. It is a bit buggy, but working ok. I tried CarPlay in my M240i and it still has a static box on the right. I added a screenshot to show what it looks like now. I know it is not supposed to be full screen - like a map, but I thought it was supposed to use all parts of the screen with various widgets. Am I doing anything wrong?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Scott
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 02:21 PM   #2
MarkDemma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i / E46 330Ci ZHP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryMason View Post
Hi...

I updated my iPhone to ios13. It is a bit buggy, but working ok. I tried CarPlay in my M240i and it still has a static box on the right. I added a screenshot to show what it looks like now. I know it is not supposed to be full screen - like a map, but I thought it was supposed to use all parts of the screen with various widgets. Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks

Scott
I had to use a third party hack to get full screen maps. It is just a settings change but for some reason BMW refuses to let people change it so you have to use this "jailbreak" approach.

CarPlay in iOS 13 - impressions? Full Screen? https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1654170
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 03:22 AM   #3
steve@codemybimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Hi...

Thanks

Scott
If you tilt the iDrive knob to the right, you have have the option to change what displays on the right side and you can choose the fuel economy page, maps on iDrive, media etc.

As for fullscreen, you will need to have it patched with a custom coding solution and that is something we can also help you with.

Hope this helps
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 04:21 PM   #4
PerryMason
Rep

Wow. That stinks. I officially hate CarPlay now.

Does coding void my warranty or get BMW upset? What does it cost to just make CarPlay full screen?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve@codemybimmer View Post
If you tilt the iDrive knob to the right, you have have the option to change what displays on the right side and you can choose the fuel economy page, maps on iDrive, media etc.

As for fullscreen, you will need to have it patched with a custom coding solution and that is something we can also help you with.

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 06:32 PM   #5
MarkDemma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i / E46 330Ci ZHP

Garage List
Quote:
Wow. That stinks. I officially hate CarPlay now.

Does coding void my warranty or get BMW upset? What does it cost to just make CarPlay full screen?

Thanks.
Last time I brought mine in for service, I told them I had it installed and would prefer they didn't blow it away. They didn't say anything about it voiding the warranty but they ignored my request to not to do the update.

Most places want around $100 for the patch. I got mine at OEM Navigations and they had pretty good support.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 10:32 PM   #6
PerryMason
Rep

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDemma View Post
Last time I brought mine in for service, I told them I had it installed and would prefer they didn't blow it away. They didn't say anything about it voiding the warranty but they ignored my request to not to do the update.

Most places want around $100 for the patch. I got mine at OEM Navigations and they had pretty good support.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 11:48 PM   #7
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDemma View Post

Hit up kubax86 it's much much less than $100 for the full screen patch
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 08:37 AM   #8
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
Hit up kubax86 it's much much less than $100 for the full screen patch
Thanks