THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics iOS upgrade - half the contacts dont show in the car?

10-11-2019, 02:45 PM   #1
och
Banned
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
2012 X5 xDrive50i  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 X6M  [0.00]
2013 Suzuki Bouleva ...  [0.00]
iOS upgrade - half the contacts dont show in the car?

After latest iOS 13.1.2 a lot of contacts from my phone are missing in the idrive contacts menu. Happens both with mine and my wifes phone in my m2 and her x6m. Anyone else with the same issue?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 07:47 AM   #2
JChristie
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

iOS 13 appears to be causing all sorts of Bluetooth connectivity issues and not just with BMW. As for my 2 series, problems syncing contacts and other interface issues started right after the first patch (iOS 13.1). The initial release of iOS 13 was fine for me.

Yesterday's patch, iOS 13.1.3, is supposed to help with dropped connection issues, but the interface issues still seem to persist. The big annoyance for me is on playlists, where I can no longer scroll through and select a specific song (I can highlight it, but it won't play).

I've been following this thread over on the Macrumours forum: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads...2201336/page-4
Lots of BMW owners in the thread talking about the same issues. Seems to effect all models and iPhones types. Since the interface issues weren't present in the initial iOS 13 release, I'm hopeful Apple will eventually sort it out.

You might also want to check BMW's software site periodically to see if they push out an update: https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/software-updates.html

So in short, everyone seems aware of the problem but no known fix yet.
Appreciate 1
MarkDemma519.00