THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions no network signal with ENET

11-22-2020, 06:06 AM   #1
e90reborn
Private
Brazil
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i 2010 E90

no network signal with ENET

hello

my 2015 M235i F22 won't show any network connection when ENET is plugged in. I am not talking about IP or E-Sys connection, I'm talking about physical connection.

Same computer and same cable/ENET device plugged into another M235i same year will display network cable is connected and then will start looking for an IP until fallback to self assigned address. When plugged into my car, same hardware shows no network cable is connected.

I heard flashing ECU with updated FW could solve this problem so I took my car to a shop with ICOM and ISTA-P/D but ISTA complains there's a communication problem when trying to flash any module. Diagnostics work as expected.

Autel tablets can diagnose AND flash any of my modules. Tried a partial flash and picked up ECU to be flashed, all went ok but ENET remains unresponsive.

I found out my ECU was replaced by the previous owner, so maybe it might be the problem ? Any tips on how to fix this problem ?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 03:57 PM   #2
e90reborn
Private
Brazil
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i 2010 E90

Up
Appreciate 0