THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics ConnectedDrive features not working: no messages, sending location, BMW Labs Widgets

01-20-2021, 05:37 PM   #23
ljason8eg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMoo View Post
Did this ever fix your problem? I am having the same problem as OP and the "update BMW assist" does not work for me.
Try pulling fuse 120 from the fuse box in the trunk, locking the car, and waiting 20 mins or so before reinstalling.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 04:47 AM   #24
DPL351
Registered
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljason8eg View Post
Try pulling fuse 120 from the fuse box in the trunk, locking the car, and waiting 20 mins or so before reinstalling.
Hi Just watching this thread as i have a somewhat similar issue. Took the vehicle to have PPFapplied and driving home realized that the GPS positioning was not updating from installers location, current information for the vehicle is no longer updating through BMW Drive App, it still thinks the car is in the PPF installers garage, CA door handles no longer work, SOS button doesnt connect. tried updating settings in idrive but get a message stating no internet connection.

tried everything, and saw this thread and though i would check the fuses also, however i cant find the location of the FB Front Left fuse panel, i located the 1 in the boot and the other under the Drivers footwell.

Fuse 120 is not located in the trunk in my 2020 JF02 M5, so are you aure its a F120 and located in trunk?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 08:40 PM   #25
TheRealMoo
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 328i XDrive MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljason8eg View Post
Quote:
Did this ever fix your problem? I am having the same problem as OP and the "update BMW assist" does not work for me.
I did this and also called BMW assist to have them elevate my service ticket. Ended up having to deactivate the mobile connection on connected drive website and then their IT department apparently reset all of the services on their end? I did this and also removed the fuse and reinstalled it. And later that evening it worked! I cant tell if it was the fuse or BMW IT dept. though.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 02:48 PM   #26
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Unfortunately, no.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 12:34 AM   #27
vexingv
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i xdrive

i gave up with BMW Labs and IFTTT, but i think the feature had become deprecated anyway. i've renewed bmw connected services, the cheapest package, the past two years mainly so that i can use the remote services like locking my doors via the app when i forget or am unsure if i locked my car. i am able to send locations to myself if i use the connectedrive app from my phone and search for my destination there. i haven't been able to use google maps' share function/send to car, but honestly don't even know if that's supported anymore.

these days, the majority of the time, i use Google Maps on my android phone for navigation. on rare occasions if i'm going home and having an issue with google maps on my phone, i'll use the idrive navigation as i have a shortcut programmed one of the numbered button that directs me to home.

i'm also really annoyed/fed up with how BMW has implemented bluetooth audio in idrive 5.0 at least for android--i'm only able to hear audio from certain apps or only able to hear navigational sounds when those apps are playing, various video apps do not output sound at all via bluetooth.
Appreciate 0