THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Kerscher Carbon Fibre splitter in the U.S.?

07-02-2020, 01:26 PM   #1
shovell242
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Kerscher Carbon Fibre splitter in the U.S.?

Howdy,

I'm in need of a front splitter and think the Kerscher CF product is the best of the bunch when it comes to style for the F22.

Problem: I can't find any vendor in the U.S. that has any in stock, and further, when they need to order from the U.K. the shipping prices right now are like $300! (one vendor quoted me this).

Does anyone have any leads on this product's availability in the U.S. or cheap shipping from a vendor in the U.K.?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 07:06 PM   #2
ntj
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i xD

I bought a replica of this lip on Ebay from a seller in Latvia. It's fibreglass not CF, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality for how cheap it is.

It's not painted, so you need to either paint it or wrap it. I bought some 3m gloss black and wrapped it myself. It's also not drilled, so you'll need to test fit and drill the holes yourself.

I'm not sure if I can post a link direct to the seller, but search for "Splitter for BMW F22 F23 M sport bumper Skirt Performance Valance chin front" if you're interested.

Love the look of this lip and very happy with the result.
      07-20-2020, 10:44 AM   #3
accs
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntj View Post
I bought a replica of this lip on Ebay from a seller in Latvia. It's fibreglass not CF, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality for how cheap it is.

It's not painted, so you need to either paint it or wrap it. I bought some 3m gloss black and wrapped it myself. It's also not drilled, so you'll need to test fit and drill the holes yourself.

I'm not sure if I can post a link direct to the seller, but search for "Splitter for BMW F22 F23 M sport bumper Skirt Performance Valance chin front" if you're interested.

I also have the one from this seller, they sell the carbon fibre model as well.

Mine came predrilled though.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 07:02 PM   #4
ntj
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyonC View Post
I also have the one from this seller, they sell the carbon fibre model as well.

Mine came predrilled though.
Hmm. Interesting. The more I think about this, I believe mine had indents in the fibreglass where the holes were supposed to be, so I did a quick test fit to ensure the indents were in the right location and then just drilled them out. Either way, I recall it was very straightforward.
      07-23-2020, 01:51 AM   #5
f22may3
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i w/ M Sport and THP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntj View Post

Same! Came out pretty great
Attached Images

Appreciate 0