THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Upgrading to Xenon - A Simple Question

06-03-2020, 09:08 AM   #1
ZGadson
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i

Upgrading to Xenon - A Simple Question

I know there are hundreds of posts about headlight swaps, however, I've searched high and low to no avail to find an answer to my very simple question.

Is it possible to retrofit Xenon headlights to my 2016 228i with halogen headlights with ONLY the basic functionality of working lights? I don't need adaptive lighting or auto high beams, or whatever else they're capable of. I don't even need the LED/Angel Eyes to work (but it would be nice if they did). I just need functioning headlights. I know the wiring is different for Xenon vs halogen, but the existing harness obviously still provides power so I can't imagine why wiring parking lights to angel eyes, turn signals to turn signals, etc. wouldn't work. I'd need an aftermarket HID kit in lieu of not having Xenon wiring, but since all the power is there, this should work, right?

Asking because I've been searching Ebay to replace a headlight that is damaged and oddly enough the Xenon headlights are half the price of regular basic bitch halogen headlights (and I have no idea why). So if I can make Xenon headlights work, buying both left and right Xenons is almost cheaper than buying one halogen.

Thanks,
Zach

Last edited by ZGadson; 06-03-2020 at 09:13 AM..
Appreciate 0