THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics DIY Speaker Install how-to (with color glossy photos with circles and arrows)

11-24-2017, 10:37 PM   #45
snaketh
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i 6MT

Thanks for the write-up Solarphil.

I did the rears today. I feel dense but I'm confused about the wiring. Passenger is just a straight connection. For the drivers side I took the red wire on the ebay harness and fed it to - (negative). The black wire on the ebay harness feeds to + positive. In essence it's always connecting the wire with the red strip in the harness to the positive terminal.

Is that correct? I think the passenger speaker sounds a bit better but years of DJing mean my ears aren't perfect.

Can't wait to do the Etons, they came so quick.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 03:20 AM   #46
raduvucea
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 235i

Hi everyone! Just bought my first BMW, it's an M235i 2014. Excited to start doing some upgrades as it came pretty basic.

I was planning on getting some Etons as they seem to be plug and play. I wanted separate woofers and tweeters for the back too, and yesterday looking through the back glass at the speaker covers I noticed they only show through for a woofer and not a tweeter.

I didn't get the chance to pop them out and look under the hood, but I looked over ebay to see if there are two kinds of covers available.

Mine seems to look like this

And I think I have the basic stereo system.

So my question is, are there different rear trim covers available that let the tweeter through? Is that foam that seems to be a placeholder for the tweeter, removable, leaving me with a mesh for the tweeter too?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 09:11 AM   #47
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Eton offers coaxial speakers for the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raduvucea View Post
Hi everyone! Just bought my first BMW, it's an M235i 2014. Excited to start doing some upgrades as it came pretty basic.

I was planning on getting some Etons as they seem to be plug and play. I wanted separate woofers and tweeters for the back too, and yesterday looking through the back glass at the speaker covers I noticed they only show through for a woofer and not a tweeter.

I didn't get the chance to pop them out and look under the hood, but I looked over ebay to see if there are two kinds of covers available.

Mine seems to look like this

And I think I have the basic stereo system.

So my question is, are there different rear trim covers available that let the tweeter through? Is that foam that seems to be a placeholder for the tweeter, removable, leaving me with a mesh for the tweeter too?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 11:22 PM   #48
TropikThunder
Private
Rep
Drives: current: 330i next: x3 M40i

Where are people getting the Eton speakers from? So far I've only found one place in the US that sells them online (Madisound in WI). There are tons of places in UK and EU but I don't know if one has to pay customs, taxes, etc to have an EU company ship to my address in the US.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 10:28 AM   #49
vrooooom
New BMW owner
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCI

what's wrong with getting from them? I'm about to get a pair from them.

I don't have access to those bmw clips. Now what? Just cut the connector out and solder?

How much of that dynamat do I need to get and cover? Does that not add thickness that would hinder a good fit for the panel after? Sorry newby questions.
2018 BMW M2 LCI BM3 Stage 2 + MPE + FTP charge pipe + MST V2 Inlet + TurboSmart DV + CSF FMIC + AA Hi-flow Downpipe + Turner Rear Shifter Bushing + Wiechers Strut Brace + Bilstein B16 PSS10 + Apex VS-5RS

Last edited by vrooooom; 04-14-2021 at 11:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 05:11 PM   #50
Ajowhan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m240i 'vert

The base hifi system doesnt come wired for the sail tweeter, Can I still replace front speaker with Eton and wire a HK sail to the Eton?

Further scanning through the forum, its my new understanding that the Eton also comes with tweeter, and for my non HK car, Im actually buying the HK sail so that I can chuck the HK tweeter and put the Eton tweeter into the sail?

Last edited by Ajowhan; 04-14-2021 at 05:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 06:04 PM   #51
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajowhan View Post
The base hifi system doesnt come wired for the sail tweeter, Can I still replace front speaker with Eton and wire a HK sail to the Eton?

Further scanning through the forum, its my new understanding that the Eton also comes with tweeter, and for my non HK car, Im actually buying the HK sail so that I can chuck the HK tweeter and put the Eton tweeter into the sail?
Yes
Appreciate 0