THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Lease end buy-out, help!

06-27-2020, 09:10 PM   #1
bmw1010
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M240i

Lease end buy-out, help!

Greetings y’all:

So my lease (after an extension) is expiring tomorrow (Sunday) and the lease buyout price quote I’ve received from BMW Financial is good until tomorrow, but tomorrow being Sunday - BMW financial is closed.

What do I do? Will it be okay to call them on Monday and just agree to pay off the vehicle then? Will they still honor the same buyout price from the quote expiring on 6/28/20?

I’d really appreciate some help and insight. Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2020, 10:47 PM   #2
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1010 View Post
Greetings y’all:

So my lease (after an extension) is expiring tomorrow (Sunday) and the lease buyout price quote I’ve received from BMW Financial is good until tomorrow, but tomorrow being Sunday - BMW financial is closed.

What do I do? Will it be okay to call them on Monday and just agree to pay off the vehicle then? Will they still honor the same buyout price from the quote expiring on 6/28/20?

Hey man, when I saw the title I knew it was going to be BMW1010

So, I will be absolutely surprised if they give you any trouble whatsoever. You will be absolutely fine on Monday.

Look them straight in the eye; firm handshake; assert dominance! They won't even take a penny off you.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2020, 10:49 PM   #3
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Greetings y’all:

Also go to leasehackr and post it there. Those guys will give you some awesome advice
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2020, 11:39 PM   #4
bmw1010
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post

Hahah sorry for all the posting lately - this forum has been a HUGE help! I appreciate it, I hope you’re right that they won’t give me any issues.

I ask partly because they’ve incorporated a $2500 credit in my buyout price, and Im hoping that will still be valid a day after the lease quote expires...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2020, 11:47 PM   #5
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hahah sorry for all the posting lately - this forum has been a HUGE help! I appreciate it, I hope you’re right that they won’t give me any issues.

I ask partly because they’ve incorporated a $2500 credit in my buyout price, and Im hoping that will still be valid a day after the lease quote expires...
In all honesty, you have the power here. They would LOVE your repeat business even if they pretend not to. If they don't give you credit tell them to fuck off. It is only a day, and they were closed.

In my experience companies don't get uppity about lease ends. You will be fine. Post this on leasehackr and get their views as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 12:21 AM   #6
bmw1010
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
In all honesty, you have the power here. They would LOVE your repeat business even if they pretend not to. If they don't give you credit tell them to fuck off. It is only a day, and they were closed.

In my experience companies don't get uppity about lease ends. You will be fine. Post this on leasehackr and get their views as well.
Thanks, already did, hope you’re right! I appreciate the help!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 12:16 PM   #7
morphomeman
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235ix

Garage List
2016 BMW X3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M235ix  [0.00]
If their office is closed, then it is hard to see how they can hold you to the date on which they are closed. Usually, something that is due on a Sunday is payable on the next business day (Tuesday if Monday is a holiday).
Call them early Monday, though, not at 5 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 12:15 AM   #8
dmitry_sh
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i xDrive

Quote:
Greetings y’all:

It would be better if you could have called them last Friday, but the sooner you call them the sooner you get it resolved. Formally, you should have reached out to them before the expiration date. One extra day will just slightly change the payoff amount. I don't think there will be any penalties though.
Appreciate 0