THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Looking for opinions about using a AMP/DAC combo

02-14-2019, 10:48 PM   #1
notinregs
Rep
Drives: M240i

Looking for opinions about using a AMP/DAC combo

Evening gents,

I've been looking to get into more high end audio at home. Originally I was set on getting a Sennheiser HD6XX from massdrop. However, considering I would need a sizeable AMP/DAC combo to power it, along with the fact I would be using it for gaming and a specific music genre I decided that the HD58X would be the better option.

This lead me to think about the m240, I haven't done anything at all to the sound system, no ASD delete, no center speaker disconnect (Yet). When I play music from my phone it is pretty lifeless and low, as I am sure everyone knows.

My idea was to get a cheapish AMP/DAC combo to use at home to give the HD58X's a little more power and to also use in the car when I am going on a longer drive. After a little research I have decided the FiiO E10K is probably the best bet. I am not really well versed in this area but seems simple enough. Plug usb in center consol for power, plug small headphone jack from AMP into AUX in, hook up phone to AMP via 1/8th cord, play flac and enjoy.

I would welcome any comments/recommendations about this with open arms! I'm sure this has been discussed previously so forgive me!

Final question, would it be easier and more cost effective to just load flac onto a thumb drive and play it that way?
Appreciate 0