THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Kids CarSeat in a convertible F23????

01-09-2019, 10:00 PM   #1
roo97ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4, X6M, Tesla Plaid, MYP, Ram

Kids CarSeat in a convertible F23????

Wondering if anyone has personal experience with a forward facing car seat in the convertible.

I've been toying around with a convertible for my occasional car vs my camaro coupe.

Only once or twice a month do I use the carseat but it's doable without smashing my wife in the passenger seat.

We have a 4 series coupe now (daily), MB suv and Ram pickup so we have plenty of cars for daily driving. He's 4 now, forward facing and can sometimes buckle himself, but at least get everything in place for the last squeeze, so it's really only about a kid in the backseat and a comfortable wife who's 5'7" riding in front of him.

Haven't seen any threads at all on this in a convertible.

From my past experience I had an e93 335i and the rear seat was tighter in that than my 135i coupe was. BMW chewed up a lot of room with the convertible at least the hard top. The sacrifice wasn't as bad in the past soft top BMW cars I've had.

Would be looking for a m235i.

Thanks in advance.
      01-09-2019, 10:51 PM   #2
M235SDCA
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M235 Vert

I had a few varieties of car seats in my E46 convertible before I had my F23, and from an interior perspective they seem the same size. Was never a space issue with the car / booster seats.
      01-10-2019, 07:19 AM   #3
meloHYPE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i Convertible / SOM

Garage List
I have an F23 with a forward facing car seat. Surprisingly, it’s a lot easier to buckle than when it was in my golf r.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:20 AM   #4
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

Had front facing car seat behind my 5'7" wife in my 2008 128i convertible when the grandkids were younger and the newer 2 series have even a bit more rear room, so you will not have any problem with forward facing car seats.
      01-10-2019, 09:11 AM   #5
roo97ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4, X6M, Tesla Plaid, MYP, Ram

Ok that's what i figured. I've had an e46 m3 and 135 convertible in the past but no kids at the time. Backseat looks at least as big so sounds doable.

Now just have to decide am i ready to give up the v8 and 600 rwhp to have something nicer to drive. The wife doesn't care much for the camaro, but I come from a long line of American muscle.

I've gone fbo both n55 and n54 with custom tunes but they lack the sound and top end of the big supercharged v8s. Have had a few corvettes and now the camaro with its backseat.

I think I'm down to a current gen camaro ss convertible or m235i convertible. While I'd like the better power of the m4, I can't justify the depreciation on a barely weekend warrior and don't want the extra size and weight of the retractable hardtop.

Time to start looking for a deal on a trade that came in and has been sitting for a while....so the dealership is ready to move it.

Thanks for input.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 11:47 AM   #6
silvercas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: One

Quote:
Originally Posted by roo97ss View Post
Ok that's what i figured. I've had an e46 m3 and 135 convertible in the past but no kids at the time. Backseat looks at least as big so sounds doable.

Now just have to decide am i ready to give up the v8 and 600 rwhp to have something nicer to drive. The wife doesn't care much for the camaro, but I come from a long line of American muscle.

I've gone fbo both n55 and n54 with custom tunes but they lack the sound and top end of the big supercharged v8s. Have had a few corvettes and now the camaro with its backseat.

I think I'm down to a current gen camaro ss convertible or m235i convertible. While I'd like the better power of the m4, I can't justify the depreciation on a barely weekend warrior and don't want the extra size and weight of the retractable hardtop.

Time to start looking for a deal on a trade that came in and has been sitting for a while....so the dealership is ready to move it.

Thanks for input.
Did you look at carmax for a used m4 convertible? Back seats have more room
Appreciate 0