THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Learning disabled Infotainment System

12-19-2018, 08:30 AM   #1
mburg
MBurg
Rep
Drives: '22 230

Learning disabled Infotainment System

I am leasing a '19 230, previously leased a '16 228. In the previous car, if I was on PRESETS and listening to a particular preset channel - whether FM or SIRIUS - that channel was still on after leaving the car for whatever period of time (a few minutes, overnight), AND the system was still on PRESETS. My recollection is that it took a brief period of time for the system to 'learn' to do this.

In the new car I am finding that, while the same preset channel is on when I return to the car, the system is no longer in PRESET. Rather, if I was listening to FM, it is now in FM; if I was listening to SIRIUS, it is now in SIRIUS. Half the time when I return it is still in PRESET, half the time not. The amount of time I am away from the car makes no difference

In frustration, I have programmed one of my MEMORY BUTTONS to be PRESET. Interestingly enough, when I press this button, the system sometimes remains on the channel I am listening to, sometimes it goes to another channel in my PRESETS.

I've had the car for 4 months, and it still does this.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0