THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Full Fabspeed exhaust installed

01-14-2019, 07:52 PM   #1
Black Sunshine
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 F23

Garage List
2015 F23  [0.00]
Full Fabspeed exhaust installed

I picked up my new to me convertible m235i late last year. I traded in a v8 Camaro with full exhaust installed. Needless to say the BMW was a too quiet for my taste. I visited Fabspeed during their open house and was impressed enough to purchase a sport cat. I have put over a 1000 miles with the cat and wanted more sound. I ordered the midpipe resonator delete during the Black Friday sales. I also picked up the muffler delete used from a forum member. I was able to get the midpipe and muffler delete installed today along with a charge pipe.
Enough of the backstory.

The videos online do not do this setup any justice. This is a very aggressive setup. I live in the country, so the cold starts are not an issue. There is some drone between 1500 and 2000. It is not horrible and I think very manageable. I played a little on the backroads tonight and can honestly say it sounds amazing. I know once a little more carbon gets built up on the midpipe it should get a little deeper also.

Overall, if you want a very aggressive setup, I strongly suggest this and Fabspeed in general.
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2019, 09:51 AM   #2
bryan_G01
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like i stole it...

running dinan intake, catless dp, fabspeed mid pipe and valvtronic muffler with stage 2 bm3 tune. I put the burble duration on .5 and on intensity 4.5...

A let off of the gas produces a nice loud POP, just 1. sounds perfect.
1997 M3 Sedan Auto Cosmo Black Metallic
2018 x3 m40 Auto Grey Metallic
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2019, 11:49 AM   #3
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Glad you are happy!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 08:34 PM   #4
bryan_G01
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like i stole it...

with a catless dp, stage 2 map AGG, while in comfort mode, it is still very main street drivable. Almost prefer this tamed exotic sound of turbo, growl, intake, race...

but than its sports + and open the flaps and full on aggro, it sounds great, its not a rice boy sound, it reminded me of walking through a paddock...race inspired, porsche heritage in racing, awesome job of muting out the drone, i have none at all... It sounds like my car is finally breathing properly. The mid pipe really does alot for the cattless dp and intake. since install i doubt ill ever put the delete back on. If i want louder pops and bangs, you can tune for it with bm3 these days... The muffler makes everyone, including neighbors and wife happy...happier than before.
1997 M3 Sedan Auto Cosmo Black Metallic
2018 x3 m40 Auto Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 10:25 AM   #5
Black Sunshine
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 F23

Garage List
2015 F23  [0.00]
Hmm, I would mostly likely do the muffler if I ever go with the cat-less dp. I still may in the future either way. There is something to be said about the valve system and volume on demand. I had the wife driving behind me the other night and I got on it for both my fun and to hear her thoughts. She did say it was not as loud as the Camaro was at full throttle, but does sound good just different.

At some point I want to hear how the muffler and cat-less combo sounds.

My drone is minimal, and I suspect will lessen a little once the midpipe gets seasoned. The wife did mention she can hear/feel it. Granted, none of that matters when the top is down but can't really do that right now with the weather.

Again, I wanted to say thanks to both Alec who assisted in the purchase and also the installer. I am horrible with names and can't remember it. Both times the installer treated my car like it was one of the exotics they had in the service area. Even though I purchased the muffler delete used, he still cleaned up the tips and metal as if it was new or his own vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 03:17 PM   #6
lazymman345
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_f22 View Post
running dinan intake, catless dp, fabspeed mid pipe and valvtronic muffler with stage 2 bm3 tune. I put the burble duration on .5 and on intensity 4.5...

A let off of the gas produces a nice loud POP, just 1. sounds perfect.
valvetronic muffler as in the stock one?

edit: nvm im an idiot didn't realize that fabspeed made a valvetronic muffler...
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 04:20 PM   #7
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats and thank you for sharing!!

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0