THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack M240i with 135i M-Sport rims?

12-24-2018, 09:44 PM   #1
TidalPhase
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i, 135i MHD Stage 1+

M240i with 135i M-Sport rims?

Super weird question, but what are your opinions?

I have a new M240i on the way. Unfortunately since it's coming from halfway across the country I have yet to lay eyes on it. I know I know, but long story short; the dealer originally sold me a car that isn't even built yet and I'm 99.9% certain it's already spoken for (given the options it had). I had to have a manual transmission and Estoril Blue and this particular one was the ONLY one left in north america. Juuust my luck

Anyway I was looking over the spec sheet for it and noticed the wheel code is 20Y. Which means they are the Jet Black 719M:

I would much prefer the 20W bi-color wheels, but what is one to do... I do however have the option of putting these rims on:

Am I being crazy here? Should I paint the Jet Black (20Y) rims? Seems like that would be difficult given the bi-color nature of the 20W's. Doubt the dealer would switch them out either, given it's my fault for not knowing.

Any input would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2019, 09:57 PM   #2
john16443
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Wheel color is a personal preference, and only you can determine if you want black, bi-color, or the silver 135i wheels. Those look like BMW style 261 wheels (see http://www.bmwstylewheels.com/bmw/261 ), and if they are, they are 7.5X18 with 49 mm offset in the front, and 8.5X18 with 52 mm offset in the rear. Assuming your going to run the stock M240i sizes of 225/18 in front and 235/18 in the rear, those wheels will fit, but the clearance to the strut in front will be 4mm less. This should be OK, but you should make sure. The rears should also fit, the inside edge will be 6mm closer to the shock, and the outside edge will extend 6mm further out. There's plenty of clearance in the rear.

Take your actual wheel and tire sizes with offsets and use this calculator as a guide to see how changes affect fitment. https://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12
Appreciate 0