THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Emission specs - help needed

10-18-2018, 03:58 AM   #1
Ettore
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M240i Convertible

Emission specs - help needed

Just imported my 2017 M240i Convertible from USA to Finland and of course need to pay taxes for the car. Taxes are partly based on the CO2 specifications. Does anybody know where to get the correct CO2 specifications for CO2 emissions (g/km) for US delivered car?

The tax authorities refused to use the EU based number (169g/km) and calculated a new number based on the weight and power (220g/km). This leads to a huge difference in tax I have to pay.
      10-18-2018, 04:04 PM   #2
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Check with the US governments Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) (https://www.epa.gov/). It will tell you the emissions standards that the car has to meet. That is, it will tell you the maximum value of the various crap that cars emit via the exhaust pipe.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 05:29 AM   #3
MichalM240i
First Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettore View Post
Just imported my 2017 M240i Convertible from USA to Finland and of course need to pay taxes for the car. Taxes are partly based on the CO2 specifications. Does anybody know where to get the correct CO2 specifications for CO2 emissions (g/km) for US delivered car?

The tax authorities refused to use the EU based number (169g/km) and calculated a new number based on the weight and power (220g/km). This leads to a huge difference in tax I have to pay.
Sorry for OT, I'm just currious (and thought about importing M2 CP to Europe from the US).
How lower do you expect resale value to be (%) from European cars when comes time selling it?
US imports are quite usual in Finland, right?
Appreciate 0