THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board So if you had $50K to invest, where would you put it?

05-21-2020, 03:23 PM   #859
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

He also told me about ONDK. Thinks it will double from it current .70's price with ease.

I just don't want to spread myself out to far as it's hard watching too many at one time.
      05-21-2020, 03:39 PM   #860
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Sure....please give me until tomorrow morning to put them up. I only have 4-5 in play at anytime.

As I mentioned earlier....I have no problems posting what info I get from my friend with entry points.

But I insist you do your own research as he tells me. That website I linked earlier will tell you what any ticker's news is. Great scanner.

He advises me on entry points, but leaves exits up to me.

I will edit this tomorrow...but:

Xspa - .46
Seel - .74
Sfet - 1.14 - This isn't biotech....but VPN security. They don't have any debt. And have an ER coming up the first weeks of June where they are supposed to be posting huge profits as a result of most meetings being held virtually. Also recently landed some big contracts.

And 1-2 others I need to look on my think or swim platform on at work.

I just don't want to clutter up this thread or piss people off. But I figured I had been making decent money.....why not share what I've been doing?
Quote:
He also told me about ONDK. Thinks it will double from it current .70's price with ease.

I just don't want to spread myself out to far as it's hard watching too many at one time.
You're awesome. Thanks! Completely agree on the 2nd statement, its hard keeping up with too many companies, its better to concentrate on 4-5.

And I wouldn't worry too much about "cluttering" or "pissing people off".....its a discussion board. If they don't like to talk or discuss relevant things in this topic I can show them the log out button.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      05-21-2020, 03:39 PM   #861
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I will also be buying Blin probably. From research it will hit $3 and eventually even more within a month.

** Edit**

I will definitely be picking up BLIN over ONDK tomorrow after opening looking for the first dip. I will post my research tomorrow.

Last edited by Rmtt; 05-21-2020 at 03:53 PM..
Appreciate 2
E92inNC1709.50
      05-21-2020, 04:51 PM   #862
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Your advice and insight are great Rmtt. I’m new to investing was contemplating starting a few months ago but had been hesitant to start cuz I think a recession has been overdue but since the market dove off a cliff I finally started at the end of March with a few grand just to get my feet wet. I had it all in things I think will go back up around fall once society is over the crest of the virus like CCL, PK, NCLH and the like that have been hit the hardest and had been on a steady uptick before March 23. Reading through this thread, doing a bit of research plus your advice I sold a few and added some money and bought a few penny stocks, XSPA and SEEl, to play around short term.

Just gotta give myself time to learn the nomenclature and trader-speak from sites and tutorial vids.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      05-21-2020, 04:59 PM   #863
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

Oh yea, we're gettin rich up in this bitch!

We will all see how legit Rmtt is when everyone is driving a Kia Rio by December.

Stay tuned
Appreciate 4
Rmtt8211.00
M4_GTS1152.50
      05-21-2020, 05:11 PM   #864
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post

We will all see how legit Rmtt is when everyone is driving a Kia Rio by December.

Stay tuned
Lol...I will be right there with you! My friend told me that it's unfortunate that the virus situation has created this type of market.

Normally this stuff is a lot tighter to call. But it's an extraordinary situation we are facing.

So the market will be doing some crazy things that don't normally happen.
      05-21-2020, 05:52 PM   #865
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post

Stay tuned
Lol...I will be right there with you! My friend told me that it's unfortunate that the virus situation has created this type of market.

Normally this stuff is a lot tighter to call. But it's an extraordinary situation we are facing.

So the market will be doing some crazy things that don't normally happen.
Fun day today for sure! Really appreciate your advice. I am finally back to even. This is working better than my dumb ass just throwing darts.

My USO and UAL are creeping back up though!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      05-21-2020, 07:05 PM   #866
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxyblue View Post
Your advice and insight are great Rmtt. I’m new to investing was contemplating starting a few months ago but had been hesitant to start cuz I think a recession has been overdue but since the market dove off a cliff I finally started at the end of March with a few grand just to get my feet wet. I had it all in things I think will go back up around fall once society is over the crest of the virus like CCL, PK, NCLH and the like that have been hit the hardest and had been on a steady uptick before March 23. Reading through this thread, doing a bit of research plus your advice I sold a few and added some money and bought a few penny stocks, XSPA and SEEl, to play around short term.

Just gotta give myself time to learn the nomenclature and trader-speak from sites and tutorial vids.

I'm still learning. My friend has been on me for years about doing this. As any Engineer, I process numbers and information pretty quickly and can multitask very well. Plus I'm used to charts, trends, etc.

The last two you mentioned will be long term holds for me. Seel will probably happen sooner though. They have 6-8 projects in the pipeline....2 of which are approved and being pursued that are worth a lot of money.

After that, they will continue to roll out new ventures.

But im in it same as you guys. So please use your discretion. Diversify and start slow if you decide to get in something.

Get out when green and you feel comfortable. His biggest thing to me was that people get caught up in how fast the money is hitting and get greedy.

They try and time it and burn themselves.

Always buy dips....always sell in the rise. So what if you could have made $1300 vs the $1000 you settled for. Waiting for that other $300 could lose you the entire deal.

That's why having level 2 charts are essiential. They show all the bid/sell action.

With all the PR's going on....it's easier to pick winners.

As that dies down....you have to start reading charts, moving averages, etc....to identify the trends that are happening and look for the perfect storm such as volume, float, etc.

We talk multiple times a day as I question him a lot! But we've been friends for 20 years and I've helped him in the gym quite a bit.
      05-21-2020, 08:22 PM   #867
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
I'm still learning. My friend has been on me for years about doing this. As any Engineer, I process numbers and information pretty quickly and can multitask very well. Plus I'm used to charts, trends, etc.

The last two you mentioned will be long term holds for me. Seel will probably happen sooner though. They have 6-8 projects in the pipeline....2 of which are approved and being pursued that are worth a lot of money.

After that, they will continue to roll out new ventures.

But im in it same as you guys. So please use your discretion. Diversify and start slow if you decide to get in something.

Get out when green and you feel comfortable. His biggest thing to me was that people get caught up in how fast the money is hitting and get greedy.

They try and time it and burn themselves.

Always buy dips....always sell in the rise. So what if you could have made $1300 vs the $1000 you settled for. Waiting for that other $300 could lose you the entire deal.

That's why having level 2 charts are essiential. They show all the bid/sell action.

With all the PR's going on....it's easier to pick winners.

As that dies down....you have to start reading charts, moving averages, etc....to identify the trends that are happening and look for the perfect storm such as volume, float, etc.

We talk multiple times a day as I question him a lot! But we've been friends for 20 years and I've helped him in the gym quite a bit.
Thanks much. I plan on using 1/3 for short term play, hold 2 for up to a month and keep a few hundred for quick flips, even as I keep adding money to my account. I actually came across an article about SRNE the day it jumped and managed to get in at $4.90 and sold at $7.50. I figure I can use a larger percentage being a bit riskier since I'm still young and time is on my side then get more conservative as time goes on and my portfolio builds. I'm gonna snatch up some more GE tomorrow for the long term as its really low and from what I'm reading they seem to be going in a good direction since the scandal a few years ago.

I'm gonna spend time learning the jargon and how to read charts, and my friend has recommended I take some trading academy classes. Also, the links you posted has some info on company news.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      05-21-2020, 09:47 PM   #868
bm4w
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB M4

If you guys are interested in learning how to day trade, I post on my twitter and my trading group. Just made a bit north of $10k in gains today. Other people who I'm teaching made $200-1200 range thanks to an option play I alerted.

Feel free to check out my twitter feed for my call outs and P/Ls.

https://twitter.com/mirzacapital/sta...709275648?s=21
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      05-21-2020, 11:46 PM   #869
maul3d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 AY M4 - 2012 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm4w View Post
If you guys are interested in learning how to day trade, I post on my twitter and my trading group. Just made a bit north of $10k in gains today. Other people who I'm teaching made $200-1200 range thanks to an option play I alerted.

Nice profit!

You trade for a living ?
Appreciate 1
bm4w145.50
      05-22-2020, 12:16 AM   #870
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:

Looks like you mainly day trade BA? I know quite a few people that day trades BA also.
      05-22-2020, 12:57 AM   #871
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:

Your NVDA is gonna come back to bite you long term, unless it’s purely data driven in short intervals.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 04:17 AM   #872
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sure....please give me until tomorrow morning to put them up. I only have 4-5 in play at anytime.

As I mentioned earlier....I have no problems posting what info I get from my friend with entry points.

But I insist you do your own research as he tells me. That website I linked earlier will tell you what any ticker's news is. Great scanner.

He advises me on entry points, but leaves exits up to me.

I will edit this tomorrow...but:

Xspa - .46
Seel - .74
PRPO - .73....I posted this yesterday. Looking for double here.
Sfet - 1.14 - This isn't biotech....but VPN security. They don't have any debt. And have an ER coming up the first weeks of June where they are supposed to be posting huge profits as a result of most meetings being held virtually. Also recently landed some big contracts.

I just looked at it and that's the 4 I have. I did have Scna.....but it sold today.

I just don't want to clutter up this thread or piss people off. But I figured I had been making decent money.....why not share what I've been doing?
Bolded above is what I have as of now.

As I said...I will be buying Blin today. It's 1.78 Pre-Market....but I expect it to dip .20 or more as people take profits. But anything under $2 I think is good. This was a $10 stock.

The CEO has publicly stated there will be no dilution. You have low float with major contracts, and a huge backlog of revenue coming and no dilution risk.

Plus.
Attached Images

05-22-2020, 04:19 AM   #873
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
Looks like you mainly day trade BA? I know quite a few people that day trades BA also.
+1.

BA has been coming and going in waves if you look at the charts. I have friends who are swing trading it. They have turned it over a few times.
      05-22-2020, 04:33 AM   #874
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxyblue View Post
Thanks much. I plan on using 1/3 for short term play, hold 2 for up to a month and keep a few hundred for quick flips, even as I keep adding money to my account. I actually came across an article about SRNE the day it jumped and managed to get in at $4.90 and sold at $7.50. I figure I can use a larger percentage being a bit riskier since I'm still young and time is on my side then get more conservative as time goes on and my portfolio builds. I'm gonna snatch up some more GE tomorrow for the long term as its really low and from what I'm reading they seem to be going in a good direction since the scandal a few years ago.

I'm gonna spend time learning the jargon and how to read charts, and my friend has recommended I take some trading academy classes. Also, the links you posted has some info on company news.
Sounds like a good plan.

At your age, I would do a 401k especially if your company matches. Put in as much as they will match in a good ETF. Right now I max out my investments. But this is all Long Term.

Find you some stuff like Pk, MGM, Airlines....stuff that you know mid-term will be coming back....these could even turn into long term holds.

Then set aside an amount for stuff under $5. Only buy stuff you plan to hold no longer than two months because you want to be making money.

Now there are exceptions. Like XSPA....I initially bought in at .36. Planned to flip it once I doubled my money. But once I saw what they are planning to do...this turned into a longer hold for me. I kept buying dips and slowly averaging up. Now I have 18K shares at an average of .46.

Just one of there locations open up....I see it hitting a $1. And as they open more...this is just going to keep rising. They have 47 locations.

So now I am holding. I have already made back my initial investments in other areas.

Also bm4w ....check his site out. I don't have twitter...but see what his track record is. No offense bm4w . If you are making good calls...then that's great for you. But I advise everyone to do their own research even if being given hints.

And never "pay" to join one of those groups that offer to provide you picks. You can learn to do this without having to pay anyone.

Join TD Ameritrade and download their Think or Swim platform. It will allow you to trade in paper money, look at charts, and with some YT videos to explain it...you can become competent pretty quickly.

My friend does this for a living. He handles a select amount of accounts. The stuff he gives me is what he is also buying for himself personally.

We have known each other from the gym for years. He's the guy who has his own plane...and has flown me on several occasions to buy cars that I have mentioned about on here.

Good Luck!
      05-22-2020, 08:03 AM   #875
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Xspa...so now it begins
Attached Images

05-22-2020, 08:04 AM   #876
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

And above is just the first....expect more airports to follow soon.

Where my fellow xspa holders at?????
      05-22-2020, 08:17 AM   #877
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:

Right here brother!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      05-22-2020, 08:23 AM   #878
Nuckle
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Wooohoooo! I double downed on it yesterday afternoon after selling half of my BCRX.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      05-22-2020, 08:24 AM   #879
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
Wooohoooo! I double downed on it yesterday afternoon after selling have of my BCRX.
I'm up almost $10K.

Wait until 9:30 when the market fully opens!

http://www.globenewswire.com/news-re...-Location.html
      05-22-2020, 08:27 AM   #880
Nuckle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
Wooohoooo! I double downed on it yesterday afternoon after selling have of my BCRX.
I'm up almost $10K.

Wait until 9:30 when the market fully opens!
That's awesome!

I am up $1200! So how long is this ride? Seems like in reading everything it should continue to run for a while?
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00