THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes RWD vs AWD

06-22-2020, 08:25 AM   #1
Bcbecker3983
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

RWD vs AWD

what is the difference in the shocks for RWD and AWD? Im pretty sure the spring rates are different, but are the shocks different as well? If both are edc? Both front and rear in question...
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 11:40 PM   #2
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M235i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcbecker3983 View Post
what is the difference in the shocks for RWD and AWD? Im pretty sure the spring rates are different, but are the shocks different as well? If both are edc? Both front and rear in question...
I'm not sure I have the most correct answer, but I would assume the struts will be different since the springs are def different between AWD and RWD. Real OEM shows that the part numbers are different for front and rear struts when for RWD and AWD M235.

Also when buying coilovers and or springs aftermarket the parts do need to match to RWD or AWD configurations.
Appreciate 0