THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions XDelete app: AWD to RWD

10-16-2019, 02:12 AM   #1
Uwrwilke
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

XDelete app: AWD to RWD

Any tried the XDelete app for AWD to RWD?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 06:29 PM   #2
P2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M-Sport eDrive 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwrwilke View Post
Any tried the XDelete app for AWD to RWD?
Thought I'd give this a bump as I'm interested in hearing about anyone's experience.
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2019, 10:22 PM   #3
bryan_G01
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like i stole it...

seen an awd 335xi at auto cross playing with his xdrive delete app, he was spinning out in every corner, so it does work.
1997 M3 Sedan Auto Cosmo Black Metallic
2018 x3 m40 Auto Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 01:30 PM   #4
Raymondo1234
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235xi

I have tried it, I have Michelin Pilot sport as3+ and I'm at about 470 bhp. I really need summer tyres to make use of this, it was squirming all over the place, forgot how good xdrive is at putting the power down.

Will probably get summer tyres come April may and leave it on until then.

It does exactly what it's meant to do though, worked fine.
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2019, 06:31 PM   #5
McDonald_F22
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i

Xdrive

I installed X-Delete on my 2016 M235i Xdrive. It was fun with DSC off. Reason be, under ANY type of acceleration, traction control would kick in. I contacted them and they didn't have any answer of my why car had that problem. I put it in "awd" mode using the app (not the stock flash) and it worked fine. At first they tried telling me that's how rwd cars are, but after sending a video they told me they have not had that problem. After a stock flash and reflash I still haven't had any luck getting it to work. At this point I gave up and now drive the car in Xdrive, and for the occasional fun I will turn it off. Another thing I realized was when the car was in "rwd" mode, it would work sometimes. When it did work the ELSD worked a lot better than when "rwd" mode wasn't working.
If anyone has figured a solution to this please PM me!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 04:07 PM   #6
ramonico
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw M135i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald_F22 View Post
I installed X-Delete on my 2016 M235i Xdrive. It was fun with DSC off. Reason be, under ANY type of acceleration, traction control would kick in. I contacted them and they didn't have any answer of my why car had that problem. I put it in "awd" mode using the app (not the stock flash) and it worked fine. At first they tried telling me that's how rwd cars are, but after sending a video they told me they have not had that problem. After a stock flash and reflash I still haven't had any luck getting it to work. At this point I gave up and now drive the car in Xdrive, and for the occasional fun I will turn it off. Another thing I realized was when the car was in "rwd" mode, it would work sometimes. When it did work the ELSD worked a lot better than when "rwd" mode wasn't working.
I'm having the same issue on my 2014 M135i xDrive. Long press on dsc button to full deactivation makes dsc did not cut under acceleration with no traction loss.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 08:43 AM   #7
Jonathan_Fages
Registered
Sweden
Rep
Drives: Bmw M135i

I also have this issue with my M135i xdrive and in higher speed it’s even worse and from about 160-170kmh the traction control bottom goes crazy for some reason. I have a stage 1 tune on my car maybe that’s a reason? Do you have a tune on your car?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 08:44 AM   #8
Jonathan_Fages
Registered
Sweden
Rep
Drives: Bmw M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald_F22 View Post
I also have this issue with my M135i xdrive and in higher speed it’s even worse and from about 160-170kmh the traction control bottom goes crazy for some reason. I have a stage 1 tune on my car maybe that’s a reason? Do you have a tune on your car?
Appreciate 0