THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Another 128i to 230i wheel swap question

01-05-2020, 05:30 AM   #1
Craig in Alabam
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 230i Convertible

Another 128i to 230i wheel swap question

Hi Folks,

Regarding swapping out the wheels from my 2010 128i to the 2017 230i that I'm buying, will the TPMS sensors still work in both cars? I looked on Tire Rack's website and the TPMS have different part numbers for each car, but they are both 433MHZ. Will each car's computer just recognize the TPMS and go on as usual?

I'm just not familiar with how they work, and I don't want to cause problems for me or the dealership that's selling me the car.

Thanks, and Cheers!

Craig
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 10:39 AM   #2
Craig in Alabam
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 230i Convertible

After some online reading, it appears that each car would need to have the TPMS reset by a BMW tech (or someone with the software) which I don't want to ask the selling dealership to do, since swapping out the wheels was my idea. So I'll probably suck it up and use the 19s until I can get some new wheels / tires installed.
If I'm incorrect, please let me know.

Cheers!
Craig
Appreciate 0