THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Streaming Media Questions

04-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #1
PigWig
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i X-Drive

Streaming Media Questions

Alright, so I have a subscription to HBO and oftentimes I like to use the HBOGO app to stream audio to my car. It is great for standup comedy, and also for trips if my passenger is watching a TV show/movie on the phone. I like some peace and quiet on my lunch breaks, and will occasionally go sit in my car somewhere and watch an episode of Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, etc.

When I try to stream HBOGO audio through the ConnectedDrive system, I get one of two outcomes. I either get no sound at all, or the ConnectedDrive system overrides the HBOGO app and starts playing music from my phone. I have an up to date iPhone and the latest version of the HBOGO app. This was not a problem in my 2012 F30.

I know this is a strange question, but is there any way around this?

Second question, is there anyway to get your Netflix or HBOGO video to play through the Nav screen when the vehicle is parked? I've tried using the USB connection and can only get Netflx audio (can't even get audio for HBOGO). I can play DVD video without issue, but is there a way to get video from your phone onto the Nav screen that I am missing?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 02:21 PM   #2
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Some of what you are describing may be an iPhone issue, not a BMW issue. HBOGo especially. They have restrictions on where the video will play, where it won't, etc. All license agreements with HBO.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 03:09 PM   #3
darkerosxx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i

I just posted about getting it to work via android phone, couldn't hurt to try it...

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showp...83&postcount=5
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #4
PigWig
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkerosxx View Post
I just posted about getting it to work via android phone, couldn't hurt to try it...

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showp...83&postcount=5
Thanks, I'll try this tonight.
Appreciate 0