THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Help installing Roadtop MMI NBT EVO

07-24-2021, 11:48 AM   #1
donkim
Rep
Drives: 230i

Help installing Roadtop MMI NBT EVO

In the final steps of installing the kit and I'm having difficulty getting the i drive screen back in place. The cable supplied by Roadtop that goes from the mmi box to the screen has a right angle connector but it does not face down, but to the right. There does not appear to be any space for it to fit properly with the new cable installed. The other end is a straight connector so I don't believe it would fit if I reversed it. Am I missing something, or did I receive the wrong cable?
Thx, Don
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 09:41 AM   #2
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Definitely contact the supplier. Provide the pix.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 07:13 PM   #3
donkim
Rep

Update- Roadtop promptly sent out the correct cable and the front & rear cameras are working well which is the primary reason for installing the MMI box. The dynamic guide lines are a nice feature, thought I might have to code them but there's a setting to turn on/off from the mmi setup screen. Will work on pairing my Samsung S10 when I have some more time.
Don
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 07:19 PM   #4
wsc
Rep
Drives: F48 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkim View Post
Update- Roadtop promptly sent out the correct cable and the front & rear cameras are working well which is the primary reason for installing the MMI box. The dynamic guide lines are a nice feature, thought I might have to code them but there's a setting to turn on/off from the mmi setup screen. Will work on pairing my Samsung S10 when I have some more time.
Don
Hi - assuming this is an aftermarket front camera? Could you tell me when does the front camera turn on, and how long it stays on for? Is it automatic or you need to enter it via the MMI menu?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 08:12 PM   #5
donkim
Rep

Sorry for the delay responding. The front camera comes on automatically after switching out of reverse and its adjustable as to how long it stays on. I have it set to 10 sec. It can also be turned on from the i drive knob manually.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 03:10 AM   #6
wsc
Rep
Drives: F48 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkim View Post
Sorry for the delay responding. The front camera comes on automatically after switching out of reverse and its adjustable as to how long it stays on. I have it set to 10 sec. It can also be turned on from the i drive knob manually.
Thanks! 🤘🏼
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 09:07 PM   #7
2breezy
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i vert

Backup without MMI

Does the backup camera only work in MMI mode? I was hoping it also works in iDrive mode but??????
Appreciate 0