THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Show off your iPhone mount

06-15-2015, 08:11 PM   #67
KAY-OS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW m235i F22

I used the Kenu airframe for my iPhone 6 for almost a year now. I liked it because it was simple to install, looks clean, and easy to view. I don't like ones with suction cups on the front glass because I like to keep the front view unobstructed to give it a clean look.
However, there are some points which I don't like about the Kenu. It allows air-conditioned air to directly blast on to the iPhone. This makes the phone to condense whenever I step out of the car. Also, the clip is not tight enough, so it shifts a bit every time I put my phone in/out. And it's difficult to control the left/right/up/down direction of the air vent.

I saw a post here about the Proclip mount, and it looks like the perfect solution for me, so I went ahead and bought it. I just installed it yesterday and I absolutely love it. The build is superb, install was easy. It allows the directional control of the air vent. The iPhone is not subjected to cold air blasts anymore since the mount and the holder blocks off the air behind it. I can also secure the angle of the phone holder by tightening the screw so it won't move. The phone is now a bit closer to me so it's easier to control the phone.
Sure, it's a bit expensive, but it's everything I need. I should have gotten this Proclip earlier.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 08:43 PM   #68
Damasko
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Thanks to DYI posted on this forum

I've made my own for iphone6
Got the cup holder insert from member's classified and holder that I never used.
Looks clean but wish the support was higher and more outward. overall I am happy with the result.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 09:21 PM   #69
NEUE02
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

^^^ Nice work! I like it.
      07-17-2015, 12:46 PM   #70
Regardless
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: turbo'd inline 6

I use a magnetic mount by Logitech:
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Trip-...tech+air+mount

It's very similar to the Kenu airframe mount that many here uses, but easier to use, as it attaches magnetically. The other problem with the Kenu airframe for me was that it doesn't fit the Iphone 6 plus.

This mount comes with two pieces of magnetic metal that attaches to the back of the phone, so regardless of the size of the phone or even tablet I can mount on the car's vent.

And the metal is really thin, so it has no problem fitting under a case, should you want to have one on the phone.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 03:13 PM   #71
bimmer4
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 428

Here's one I found online

After a thorough research, this is the simplest, classiest mount i found on the internet.

https://joli.design/collections/ipho...21206952771667

Appreciate 0